Out with the old... in with the new...

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Well, not exactly "out" out... just a replacement for one of my 12 year-old SureFire 6P's. It still works, but will be delegated to in-the-car duties as a backup. I needed something that I could clip to my belt without a holster, and the Combatgrip was an absolute must, without the larger bezel of the M2 (for which remains at work full-time). So the C2 seemed the most reasonable replacement.

But what I thought would be neat to share is the difference in packaging from over a decade past as compared to today's new packaging for the SureFires. Not a big deal... I think I was just more amazed that I still had the original packaging from that long ago - man, what a pack-rat! Well, even back then I was proud of my 6P, so I saved everything...

They just called it a "Sure-Fire 6" on the packaging. You'd think the size of the box would get smaller.
fc82fe65.jpg

Nothing too fancy here... but a lot more paperwork included with the newer generation of SureFires.
fc82fe64.jpg

Best improvement as far as I'm concerned... the tailcap switch design, along with the lock-out feature.
fc82fe62.jpg

I've never kept my other boxes of "newer" SureFires... maybe I'll pack this one away somewhere and bring it out again in ten or twelve years... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif