MAHA Imedion study

Anders

Enlightened
MAHA Imedion study 180 Days Selfdischarge

MAHA started to sell their LSD cells two month ago, AA and AAA cells.
How do they perform compare to other cells?

Here is the initial test data on these cells:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is another picture with better 0,5A load (the voltage where low in the first one) same mAh results for all:

As you can see these cells isn't as good as Eneloop to handle high current but they perform well up to 4A.

These cells should now be stored and measured again after 30, 60 and 180 days.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:
When charging and disharging in MAHA C-9000, I'vve got these very good results.

Refrefresh&Analyze:1000mA/500mA

1. 2243 mA, 295 Minutes
2. 2223 mA, 297 Minutes
3. 2208 mA, 289 Minutes
4. 2244 mA, 258 Minutes

These cells are the only ones that got higher results in my C-900 than advertised from any manufacturer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:
I found some earlier test results for Eneloop, comparing to Imedion, here is what I found, it looks like these cells shows very interesting results so far.

EDIT 2:Update this test is inaccurate due to wrong charging on Eneloop. I explain in post 11.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the data from Imedion AAA cells:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
180 Days AA

Here is the data from the self disharge study for Imedion AA cells.

1,34 open voltage before test after 120 Days.
1.38 open voltage before test after 90 Days.
94% kapacity left after 33 days. sorry for my delay, I was busy with work so I missed 3 days.
1,5% better than Eneloop in Silverfox test after 30 days.

90 Days: 91,8% kapacity left after 90 days. 88,1% for Eneloops after 90 days
After 1.58 Minutes reached 1.20 Volt.

180 Days:89% remaining capacity.
After 1:58:48 Minutes reached 1.20 Volt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the data from the self disharge study for Imedion AAA cells.
90 Days

1.38 open voltage before test.
94,4% kapacity left after 30 days.

90 Days 86% remaining.

Anders

Last edited:

servaas

Newly Enlightened
Hi Anders

Do you have eneloop data you can overlay on the same graph, so we can compare to the imedion?

Also, can you give examples of what devices have what current draw?

Cheers

Jeff
---
http://servaas.com.au | Australian distributor for Maha Powerex

xcandrew

Newly Enlightened
It's interesting that the voltage is higher at 1 A versus 0.5 A. Can anyone explain why?

Anders

Enlightened
Hello.

servaas: I found a file with Eneloop from earlier tests in januari 2007, another graph made.

Mag85 and similar flashlight have very high current draw, I don't know really how much. For a normal user they will provide well.

Silverfox did a test on Eneloops with higher current than 4A, it seems that theese (Imedion) cells isn't capable to deliver as much as Eneloops:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/149804&highlight=eneloop+study

xcandrew: Maybe it wasn't so good contact as possible in my testing equipment, I'll make another test on 0,5A, the voltage should be higher as you said.

Anders

Last edited:

Anders

Enlightened
When charging and disharging in MAHA C-9000, I'vve got these very good results.

Refrefresh&Analyze:1000mA/500mA

1. 2243 mA, 295 Minutes
2. 2223 mA, 297 Minutes
3. 2208 mA, 289 Minutes
4. 2244 mA, 258 Minutes

These cells are the only ones that got higher results in my C-900 than advertised. I update first post with this.

Anders

Anders

Enlightened
Hello servaas.

I found some data from Eneloops that I did a year ago.
The Eneloop cell was disharged with 0,4A vs 0,5A on Imedion.

I update first post with the test results.

Anders

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Anders,

Your Eneloop cell at 0.4 amps is a bit low on capacity. I would have expected it to be closer to 1.95 Ah instead of the roughly 1.65 Ah you show. Any idea what happened?

Tom

Anders

Enlightened
Hello Tom.

No, I havent, these tests where done in januari, I don't remember.

I see now that I have another one, charged with C-808M with better results but not so much as 1,95A, 1,78A is it with the new one.

I'll replace the Eneloop VS Imedion graph with this newer one.

Anders

Last edited:

Anders

Enlightened
Update.

In my first post I had a Eneloop graph with an old result, I now did another one with same test conditions as with the other tests, the results is almost the same as Silverfox thread on Eneloops:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/149804

So Silverfox had right (as usual) in his wonder of my earlier graph on Eneloop.

Anders

Last edited:

Gaffle

Enlightened
So does that extra 100mAh really make a difference when compared to the Eneloop?

Off topic, can someone refer me to site that sells the Maha MH-C9000? I mean I can find a site, I would just like a legit CPF friendly site.

servaas

Newly Enlightened
So does that extra 100mAh really make a difference when compared to the Eneloop?

5% extra capacity should result in longer runtime for almost all devices. If you were paying 5% extra, then the value is only about convenience of changing battieres more often. At the same price and brand reputation for quality, why would you choose a battery with the lower capacity?

Cheers

Jeff
http://servaas.com.au | Australian distributor for Maha Powerex

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Imedion AA @ 3A average 1.0V.
Imedion AAA @ 3A average 1.04V.

How did that happen?

Edit: At 4 amps the Imedion AA is doing about 1.9C, and it looks like it can't do very much more. At 3 amps the Imdion AAA is doing 3.75C, or about twice the amount. Why the difference, and why does the AAA hold a better voltage at twice the effective rate? (Eneloop AA and AAA cells are both capable of the same, about 5C.)

Last edited: