The Fenix-Store
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the SPY 007

Default Re: Introducing the SPY 007

Well the great BD weekend is wound down but it was fun. Thanks for the best wishes here on CPF, I got a kick out of that too!

The lights are nearly together. Only the reflector/lens to go. They will be finished up tonight. If all goes well I will post the sales thread Wednesday. Look for an update here in this thread tomorrow about the details for Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Data View Post
    Well the great BD weekend is wound down but it was fun. Thanks for the best wishes here on CPF, I got a kick out of that too!

The lights are nearly together. Only the reflector/lens to go. They will be finished up tonight. If all goes well I will post the sales thread Wednesday. Look for an update here in this thread tomorrow about the details for Wednesday.
    Hey!, wait a minute!!! I thought you were bringing a 50th BD treat to PF13...Word on the street, Dave's homemade pizza

TB,

Now now now!

You have to visit here to get the pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by monanza View Post
    I meant to ask before but it slipped my mind, are the warm emitters high CRI?
    Both natural and warm are high CRI.

CRI = 93

Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees

Data - are you still planning to use Cree MC-E, XR-E, and XP-E emitters? According to their datasheets, cool white and neutral white both have a CRI of 75 while warm white has a CRI of 80. These are only nominal values and I think it is also appropriate to add that CRI does not tell the whole story. There is a practical difference between a neutral white and a cool white despite them both being rated at a CRI of 75.

Edit: Whoops, I thought this was the Tri-V thread! Sorry everybody.
    Last edited by mudman cj; 11-02-2009 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mudman cj View Post
    Data - are you still planning to use Cree MC-E, XR-E, and XP-E emitters? According to their datasheets, cool white and neutral white both have a CRI of 75 while warm white has a CRI of 80. These are only nominal values and I think it is also appropriate to add that CRI does not tell the whole story. There is a practical difference between a neutral white and a cool white despite them both being rated at a CRI of 75.
    I believe he is using the Seoul P4 in the regular 007.

The 007's are all ready to go. The sales thread will be posted here in the Cool Fall forum tomorrow between noon and 1:00 PM eastern time.

Of the 20 lights, there are three stealth 007's in the mix. They do not have serial numbers or lanyard holes or a rail adapter. The side flats are larger too. Other than that, they are normal 007's. I am offering them up as a feeler to find out if anybody would want such a configuration. Otherwise the finish on them is no different than the other standard 007's.

I will post a picture of these three lights tomorrow within the sales thread.

Cheers
    Dave

Woo Hoo!!!

Flashaholic*

Awesome.

Are you still willing/able to send a unit to modamag prior to assembly? I will be signing up for a 'standard' 007 and possibly another for a hard coat. Kinda strange to call the 007 'standard' but you know what I mean. Decisions, decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by monanza View Post
    Awesome.

Are you still willing/able to send a unit to modamag prior to assembly? I will be signing up for a 'standard' 007 and possibly another for a hard coat. Kinda strange to call the 007 'standard' but you know what I mean. Decisions, decisions.
    I am not offering that service. However Milkyspit is.

Cheers
    Dave

The Stealth Spys sound nice. I would totally be all over one of those. Unfortunately I'll be in my car all afternoon tomorrow with no web access. Hopefully there will be enough interest to make these a more standard offering.

Best of luck to all who are looking to acquire one of Data's Spy007s. I got one secondhand a few months ago and it is the gem of my collection. It is impossible to go wrong with one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Data View Post
    The 007's are all ready to go. The sales thread will be posted here in the Cool Fall forum tomorrow between noon and 1:00 PM eastern time.

Cheers
    Dave
    If I am right, this would be between 17h00 an 18h00 UTC, so between 18h00 an 19h00 in western Europe.

I've got the time to refresh patiently with my laptop on my knees, the problem is how to raise the necessary funds until that time. Hey, wait, I currently sit in my office and that's just 2 floors over my bank. What have I got here that looks like a gun...
    My way : From Maglite and drop-ins over Fenix & Co to the real things - Customs and Titaniums!

OK I have caved, Until I started reading about the Tri-V I had not considered a 007. I must have contracted some sort of crazzy Cool Fall feaver so now I must have both. I will be trying for a standard bright white I wonder if I will get lucky?

By the way I would like to thank Dave for keeping the playing field level And thanks to Apple for the iPhone

Mike

So, I got my SPY 007. A stealth neutral white one, the only one up to day. YEP, that's it, I don't need the rail fixation, a lanyard wouldn't harmonize with the design and I can live without a serial number. As I learned on CPF, serial numbers on flashlights doesn't add anything to the worth which comes 99% out of the love both of the manufacturer and the actual holder to the custom jewel. McGizmos have neither serial numbers nor a signature of any kind, nobody cares...

It's very strange how things evolve becoming a flashaholic. Not a long time ago I really wondered why some geeks invest such a large amount of money in a curious SPY when a china light, which costs 5% to 10% of the price does the same job and looks like a real flashlight. Today I own 4 McGizmo and have just bought that curious SPY and I am proud about it!

Now I hope that the precious will arrive safe and sound at home, Express Mail should do the job. Furthermore I hope it'll take Dave some more time to finish the TRI V CPF, so that another purchase will be possible, if the SPY 007 persuades me I have to do so. I'm pretty sure it will...
    My way : From Maglite and drop-ins over Fenix & Co to the real things - Customs and Titaniums!

Congratulations Henk.
    I have a SPY 007 and its truly a beautiful light.
    One of the very best.
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine

Congrat's on the Spy007 purchas. I carry one every day... I feel left out this is the first run that I did not buy one. Just waiting for the Tri-V.
    Once things leave my hands I am not responsible for what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Henk_Lu View Post
    It's very strange how things evolve becoming a flashaholic. Not a long time ago I really wondered why some geeks invest such a large amount of money in a curious SPY when a china light, which costs 5% to 10% of the price does the same job and looks like a real flashlight. Today I own 4 McGizmo and have just bought that curious SPY and I am proud about it!
    I know exactly how you feel. I was just like you until early this last summer. Just wait until you get that Spy in your hands. That is when you will know you are holding the best flashlight money can buy (until the Tri-V).

You guys are killing me.
    Mine will be in the mail to me shortly
    Until now, my "best" light is plastic Streamlight 4AA.
    I thought this was good, apparantely I am in for a very pleasant surprise.

Congrats to the Latest class of SPY owners! Those Stealth SPY's sure do look the part!

-Mayo

I'm thinking of adding 2 trits to the SPY. The stealth does have trit slots, doesn't it?

In a few seconds I was fixed on the color. Perhaps I watched too many movies before hanging around on CPF, but the name of the light strangely reminds me of a movies series, especially the beginning, where you see through the barrel of a gun, then a shoot falls and the screen gets RED...

My handcrafting skills are very limited, so I fear I could mess up the installation. I'll get the trits and the Norland now, but I would need some advice on how to proceed exactly with the SPY so that the final result won't look like I have done the operation. I hope I won't need any UV oven or whatever?

I'm sure there are people who have done this already! In addition to advices, it would be nice to see some pictures of installed vials in the SPY 007 picture thread!

Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Henk_Lu View Post
    I'm thinking of adding 2 trits to the SPY. The stealth does have trit slots, doesn't it?

In a few seconds I was fixed on the color. Perhaps I watched too many movies before hanging around on CPF, but the name of the light strangely reminds me of a movies series, especially the beginning, where you see through the barrel of a gun, then a shoot falls and the screen gets RED...

My handcrafting skills are very limited, so I fear I could mess up the installation. I'll get the trits and the Norland now, but I would need some advice on how to proceed exactly with the SPY so that the final result won't look like I have done the operation. I hope I won't need any UV oven or whatever?

I'm sure there are people who have done this already! In addition to advices, it would be nice to see some pictures of installed vials in the SPY 007 picture thread!

Thanks!!!
    The stealth bodies have trit slots.

Epic thread. The birth place of the Spy007.

Quote Originally Posted by Benchiew View Post
    Epic thread. The birth place of the Spy007.
    +1

Crazy.
    Good Thread.
    Amazing job.

Are these still bring made for sale?

Sure are. The latest version is the ultra high power XM-L2 running up to 3300mA.

XP-G2

XM-L2

Cheers
    Dave

Good to know. Pardon my ignorance but what kind of batteries do these take?

Quote Originally Posted by Novan3 View Post
    Good to know. Pardon my ignorance but what kind of batteries do these take?
    All spy 007's can be run on primary CR-123 cells or rechargeable RCR-123 (16340) cells. The rechargeable cells can be any chemistry that you can find. All 007's are factory programed to run at 1000mA on the highest level (knob position 6). If you want to up the current in the XP-G(2) lights you can do that with primary cells as they can take the maximum current. However if you want to run the XM-L(2) lights at their max power you will need the IMR cells.

All SPY flashlights require two batteries. They set in the light side by side (double barrel), not end to end as in most flashlights. That is why the SPY has such a high power and energy rating and still fits the EDC category.

Cheers
    Dave

Oooh, very cool.

I feel like a lost boy that just wandered into a Porsche dealership.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9121314151617181920 LastLast