What to do with Surefire C3?

tlmzdac

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

Thanks in advance for any help and/or patience with another newbie. About twice a year, I crave more light. So here's what I've accumulated:
Surefire: E2E, A2, G2(x2), C3
Fenix: P1, L0P, P2D Premium Q5
and a ROP plus sundry Maglites, etc.

Having the new Fenix is the problem. I'm sure I'm a Philistine, but I find it makes the Surefires look sort of tragic. All that nice work and so little light. I found the drop-ins for the P60/P61's for the G2's and the EM-T that koala dreamed up for the E2.

But what to do about the C3? I think the P60's and P90's are the same package but I would much rather get more light rather than longer run time from the C3.

I'd really appreciate any help with the C3 or other notions you might have.

Cheers,
Dave

PS - I do want to switch over to rechargeables at the same time and my interest with the C3 would be to find my Doberman in the dark. I should never have gotten a dog that was smarter than I am.

Last edited:

gearbox

Newly Enlightened
Pretty sure you can use a P60-sized module. I was able to fit DealExtreme's sku 1447 in my D3 just by removing the spring. Call Wolf-Eyes or BugOutGearUSA and ask them for 100% fit.

I don't blame you for thinking less of SF. I had 3 SFs before getting my Fenix P2D and my Cree P60 drop-in. Just remember that it's not just about light with SF: They make a durable product. I'd rather have a dim yellow light that will survive than a bright white light that *might* survive.
That said, I would consider a USA-made drop-in for *dire* usage. I'll stick to the $11 china-made for general usage.

tlmzdac

Newly Enlightened
Thanks gearbox. I ordered one of the E-MT's from koala for my E2E and a BOG Cree Q5 drop-in for one of my G2's. That should keep me going for now.

Maybe what I'm looking for doesn't exist yet in LED form (something to replace like a P91 bulb (200 lumens) that could stand rechargeables, with more output and better run time.

Dave

Bloodnut

Newly Enlightened
tlmzdac,

You almost perfectly described the Malkoff M60 drop-in in your last post. A nominal 235 lumens with run time significantly longer than the P90. It appears *much* brighter than the P90. Not real sure about the rechargeables. There may be some issues there. I think the M60 will hold 9 volts so it would be okay in the G2.