warrior

Newly Enlightened
hello
I need a regulator for 3X rebel powered by 2X1.5V cell
One or three separate, no matter
many thanks

acourvil

Enlightened
Yes, but you are going to want the input voltage to be at least 50% of the output. And you need batteries that can support the total load; I could be wrong, but 2 regular AA batteries doesn't sound sufficient for a 3 emitter light driven at normal levels.

warrior

Newly Enlightened
Yes, but you are going to want the input voltage to be at least 50% of the output. And you need batteries that can support the total load; I could be wrong, but 2 regular AA batteries doesn't sound sufficient for a 3 emitter light driven at normal levels.

thanks you
this is for 2 X D, not 2 X AA :D

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could use 3 separate GD drivers. 2x NiMH or 2x energizer Li AA might be able to drive this depending on drive current.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
i play with some math here
2x 1.5V = 3V battery
3x 700ma say 3.7v Vf on the led,
~ 15% loss via driver thing.

2100ma x 3.7v = 7.8W + 15% driver losses = 9W (total curcuit consumption in watts)
1.5V (assume lithium) x2 = 3v / 9W = 3A (consumption in amps from batteries)

lithium AA cells with say 2500ma at that kind of load = about 1.2C :thinking: (rate of discharge from batteries)

is that about right for the math? about 45minutes runtime? seems high.

if it was alkaline it would choke and die in 10minutes or less :duh2:

Last edited:

fa__

Newly Enlightened
you speak about Nimh D rechargeable cells ?
batteries in english mean unrechargeable by default (in french batterie mean rechargeable) (an warrior, amongst other problems is french :) )

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
batteries in english mean unrechargeable by default (in french batterie mean rechargeable) (an warrior, amongst other problems is french :) )

"Battery" can mean either rechargeable or unrechargeable in english.

fa__

Newly Enlightened
"Battery" can mean either rechargeable or unrechargeable in english.

I thought that "battery" with no more precision was understood as "not rechargeable" ... sorry :whistle: .
What is the word for always rechargeable ? (in french = "batterie" or more exactly "accumulateur" or "accus") and never rechargeable ? (in french = "pile" )

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought that "battery" with no more precision was understood as "not rechargeable" ... sorry :whistle: .
What is the word for always rechargeable ? (in french = "batterie" or more exactly "accumulateur" or "accus") and never rechargeable ? (in french = "pile" )

I don't believe there is a one-word phrase in english for "rechargeable battery" or "unrechargeable battery". At least I can't think of one.

warrior

Newly Enlightened

In fact, I will be using alkaline batteries (not rechargeable)

umm thats right , where did i see that ;)
should work great, even on alkies, or ni-mhy, just 4x my results.

tes, it works:twothumbs

thanks to all

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
Would one of the newer LM (national semi conductor) regulators work? That or you could use three regulators (LTC3490), and a small battery pack of AAs. The LTC is made to run a 1.5v cell and buck/boost it to 3.3-~5 volts @350mA to drive luxeon or similar 1 watt leds. Careful with the rebles though, people on this forum have reported that high soldering temps can fry the LED.