Gerber Multi-lite question...

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, folks...

I debated whether I should post this here or in the Knives, Multi-tools and other Gadgets section, but my question is about the LED on this tool, so...

For those unfamiliar with this Gerber tool, here is a link of what it looks like...
http://www.gerberblades.com/gerberlegendaryblades.html?07200

There is a nice, (ugly IMHO) orange LED in the handle. I bought this today and wanted to see how to change the battery so I popped open the rubber cover and it looks like the LED is just sitting in there, unattached by any other means than the design of the LED itself (the shoulder of the bottom of the LED). Has anyone switched these out? Any recommendations on which LED to use? The battery is a 3v CR1620. I suppose I am going to be limiting my options with that type of battery...

Anyway, I know that's a simple query...mainly, I guess I wanted to let folks know about a neat tool where (apparently?) the user can change out the LED to suit his particular needs!

JM-99

Streak

Enlightened
I have one of these.
Yes at 3v if you want full brightness then you are a bit limited. Any Red or yellow/amber LED would work fine and you will probably get good results out of green also. Try a white but you will find that 3v is a bit low to get decent brightness out of it.

Would you buy a Land Rover?