Advice on L2/T1/6p w/drop in

SgtB

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,
Learned a ton already from reading all of your posts--I'm in the market for a first good light, but trying to keep price around 100 bones. I'm curious to get your thoughts on this. Here's what my options are:

1. a used Surefire L2 - I like the 2 modes & long runtime on low. I know Surefire has a great reputation. Think it's a safe bet to get a used one?

2. New Fenix T1 - also, I like the 2 modes. I saw someone's great torture/durability test on a Fenix light, but does anybody know about the durability of the switch on this one? Looks a little cheap to me, but maybe that's just the orange color.

3. Surefire 6p w/ one of the Q5 drop-ins. Only one mode, but I assume I'd be able to upgrade as new ones come out...

Thanks in advance for the help & Merry Christmas....

SgtB

Newly Enlightened
Noob mistake - didn't see the post by DigiDan comparing T1 to the 6p, which answered some of my questions...

Still, do you guys think it's cool to buy a used SF?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Option #3 with a used Surefire host bought from CPF's BST will save you money, get you a warranty, and open the door to SF lego land! Think about getting a 1 cell extender from Lighthound as your first extra part as most drop ins will handle 9v and give you more runtime.
:party:Enjoy man, enjoy. Welcome to the wallet draining life of CPF.

pbs357

Enlightened
+1 to what the Sarge said! Plus, there ARE 2 stage drop-ins out there by Wolf Eyes and Dereelight. Or, do what I did and get a 2stage switch for your SF! Good luck!

Last edited: