• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McR27-S fitment problem

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received a McR27-S from the Shoppe today and when I went to install it in my A1 head, I see that it is way longer than the one in there. Even if it did fit, I don't see where the LE would go since it's so long.

What do I not know about?

digitaleos

Enlightened
I believe the McR-27s is based on the McR-27L which is longer than the McR-27 that you need for your A1 head.

Chris

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I already have a McR27. What light are the longer reflectors made for if not the A1?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Perhaps there would have been less confusion if the McR-27S had been named a McR-27L-S. Unfortunately the guy who names these reflectors is a bit of an idiot. :shrug: sorry. :eek:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps there would have been less confusion if the McR-27S had been named a McR-27L-S. Unfortunately the guy who names these reflectors is a bit of an idiot. :shrug: sorry. :eek:

I think I can live with the names being a little close...

I'm just greatful there is a guy who make these reflectors!!!!:thumbsup::):D

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not the namer's fault. The description says it's based on the Long. I just didn't know it wouldn't fit the A1 head. If I would have measured my McR27 and compared it to the McR27-S dimensions, I would have seen the big difference.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nake, you can use the regular McR27 with a Seoul.

The Seoul should be raised in the reflector by 0.030" for proper focus (the Shoppe has copper disc shims for this), and the Seoul leads need to be bent so they hug the plastic shroud. The shroud and leads will sit up in the reflector opening, so careful centering is required so the leads don't contact the reflector and short. I put a skim of clear epoxy on the leads as well to prevent any chance of contact.