Any reports about the UJC B-6 from Kaidomain

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light is a good all around light:
Pros:
1- 2 stage light low, high, off.
2- Fairly soild build.
3- 2 hour runtime on high, low beam is about 5 to 10 lumens and high is 60 to 70 lumens. I am being conservative on the lumen rating. It actually runs fairly bright for 2 hours on high.

Cons:
1- I had to tighten head and tailcap assembly. Easy to do.
2- Threads were dry. I had to grease the threads.
3- Beam has a light Cree ring. Only if you are picky.

The beam is not too focused, good spill, decent throw. Low is very useable to navigate in the dark, and high is more than bright enough to see things clearly. It is not a long throw light, but it does throw well over 60 feet. I am running mine on Sanyo AA Eneloops.
For this price I highly recommend this light. I ordered 2 more just because I like it.
http://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/ProductDetail.aspx?TranID=3956

This flashlight seems to be new & I cannot find any reports/comments about it. It looks good but I would be happier to hear of anyone experiences of it before I bought it. Also I have never bought from Kaidomain before so comments about them would also be appreciated.

Last edited:

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a quick update:
Low mode runs for 18 hours on 1 AA Sanyo Eneloop.
I received my second B-6 which is a little brighter, but both are very good lights. The only problem was dry threads again
This light is a good all around light:
Pros:
1- 2 stage light low, high, off.
2- Fairly soild build.
3- 2 hour runtime on high, low beam is about 5 to 10 lumens and high is 60 to 70 lumens. I am being conservative on the lumen rating. It actually runs fairly bright for 2 hours on high.

Cons:
1- I had to tighten head and tailcap assembly. Easy to do.
2- Threads were dry. I had to grease the threads.
3- Beam has a light Cree ring. Only if you are picky.

The beam is not too focused, good spill, decent throw. Low is very useable to navigate in the dark, and high is more than bright enough to see things clearly. It is not a long throw light, but it does throw well over 60 feet. I am running mine on Sanyo AA Eneloops.
For this price I highly recommend this light. I ordered 2 more just because I like it.

cm64

Newly Enlightened
Just a quick update:
Low mode runs for 18 hours on 1 AA Sanyo Eneloop.
I received my second B-6 which is a little brighter, but both are very good lights. The only problem was dry threads again

Thanks for the update. 18 hrs on low is very useful. I have ordered 2, one for me & one for a present.

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
What emiter is it running P2 or P4 or Q2? What is the battery current on NiMh? Does it seem like current controlled or voltage boosted?

- Vikas

Moat

Enlightened
Hey FlashKat - how does it switch between low/high modes? Twist of the head? Can't quite tell from the webpage... :thinking:

Thanks!

Jumi

Enlightened
I bought two, one for my friend and one for me.

Switch is two stage reverse clicky first low, second click high, third off.

It has resistor in tailcap, so it must be voltage boosted.

Bouth lights had sometimes flickering and occasionally skips low or high.

I did mod tailcap so it can stand. I also changed spring to smaller and soldered it directly to switch assembly. Now mine does not flicker anymore, but it still skips sometimes.

There is no O-ring in lens.

That MTE C-3 looks nice but it costs 50% more :)

Juha

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the details
Runtime: 2 hours high- 18 hours low
Cree Q2
Low, high, off
Reverse clicky
Draws 1450 mAh
Runs on 1 AA battery. I use Sanyo Eneloops

cm64

Newly Enlightened
Just received 2 B-6s from KD.
Very nice flashlight, looks well made, nice small size for EDC. I had to tighten the tailcap of one as it did not work 'out of the box'. Works OK now.
Fairly bright on high but I was a bit disappointed as I thought a Q2 LED would be a bit brighter. But a run time of 2 hrs on high plus 2 levels is a good compensation.

Edit: After trying it out tonight night I was impressed, the light first seems to be a bit dim but it is very deceptive as the flashlight has a broad beam that has "lots of light". Maybe it is a Q2 LED, but under driven to give extra run-time. Seems slightly brighter that my RC-G2 which is a P2.

Last edited:

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
...Bouth lights had sometimes flickering and occasionally skips low or high...
Juha, I got 2 of the XJC B8 lights which I think is a close relative of this one, and I'm REAL happy with them. They look to have a circuit efficiency approaching Fenix's which is very rare at any price range, never mind $ 13.50.

I also had a tiny flicker which I fixed by the following. The light has very tight tolerances at the head and tail. I thin ring of aluminum foil at the head made sure the end of the body contacted the PCB before the screw thread at the hit bottom. I didn't put a foil ring in the tail because it might fall out. Instead, I ground off a bit of the lip of the tail, shortening it maybe 1 mm. That made sure the end of the body grounded on the tail switch retaining ring before the tail cap screw bottomed out (even after I tightened the tail cap).

Since then, this light has been dead solid reliable in operation and is the current Best Buy in 1 AA lights, IMHO. (the Romisen G2 has nice build quality but has - as far as I can tell - less than half the circuit efficiency of this one).

Last edited: