BlackShadow
Page 43 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3336373839404142434445464748495053 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 2534

Thread: Knife & Light pics.

Default Re: Knife & Light pics.

I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. Jesus Christ - John 12:46

Quote Originally Posted by zenbeam View Post

Boker Subcom F
    Boker Keycom
    Streamlight Nano Light

Posted this in another thread about showing your EDC items - works well enough here too.
    Who knows, I have more lights and more knives - might get mildly creative this weekend and post more?
    Chad has designed some excellent little blades.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Chad has designed some excellent little blades.
    He truly has. I also have a Hyper ("Justice Is Done" issue), another Subcom (Titanium), an extra Keycom (just in case something happens to my keychain Keycom) and a Trance.

The Trance is quite frankly my most favorite folding knife of all time so far.

I'll be sure to include them first if/when I do some more Flashlight/Knife photos for this thread. Heck, now I am motivated to do so... lol. But I am humbled by the combination of awesome knives, flashlights and photography skills going on here! I still want to be part of it.
    Last edited by zenbeam; 04-25-2012 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Left something out!
    EagleTac D25C S2; P20A2 MKII S2; P100C2 Q5; Fenix TK21 U2; LD01 R4; E05 R2; E01
    JETBeam BC10 R5; Romisen RC-G2 II NW; RC-T601 II U2; Inova X5
    Xeno E03; Zebralight SC600; Crelant 7G5-V2 U2; 4Sevens Quark Tactical 123^2 R5

Okay - so I got motivated today - lol. But I utterly forgot to take shots including my other Boker knives! They are up on a magnetic display.

Anywho.... For this display you're going to get a humble effort at pop art.

The lights: Fenix TK21 U2 / JETBeam BC10 / Fenix LD01 R4
    The knives: Kershaw Speed Bump / Kershaw Blur / Kershaw Skyline / Spyderco Native

I'll have more - and not so melodramatic, just some regular photos without the filtering stuff. I had to experiment some. Thanks for indulging me.

^SO COOL^
    I want a torch to see Heaven 'cause I have doubts that's where I 'm going.
    Click to get CERAKOTE for your flashlights!

Yes, cool, very cool.

Bill

Still exploring this forum and stumbled upon this thread. Some cice stuff in this here!

Quote Originally Posted by Subie J View Post
    Still exploring this forum and stumbled upon this thread. Some cice stuff in this here!

I've had my eye on the Fenix PD32 for quite some time now. It's nice to see a real world photo with some scale to it. It's smaller than I had imagined - but I like that.

Nice first post Subie.

@ Bullzeye & benthic - thanks for the kind comments on the pop art flash-knives!

If the USPS is nice to me, I might have my new EagleTac D25LC2 Clicky this Saturday - in which case I would make it a point to take some photos of it along with my other Boker knives! I am certain the Clicky will be one of my top favorite lights, so it would be fitting that it is photographed along with my favorite pocket knife (Boker Trance) and its Boker "siblings" if you will.

But, since I did take a few photos last night for this thread, here a few more:

Fenix TK21 U2 & Kershaw Speed Bump. The TK21 is nestled in the very serviceable Fenix A206 Holster.

In descending order: Spyderco Ambitious, Spyderco Persistence, TerraLUX Lightstar100, Fenix E05, and the CRKT Drifter

Starting with the red Swiss Army Knife and moving clockwise: Victorinox Super Tinker, Romisen RC-G2 II NW, Rocky 220lm Tactical Grade (Sam's Club cheap but amazing light that got me interested in LED lights), Kershaw Orange Zing (note the grooved blade), Victorinox Classic SD, 1967 Ford Mustang (hehe), Kershaw Scallion, Fenix E01, EagleTac D25C mini, and at bottom - nestled in a nice Nite Ize Stretch Flashlight Holster like a hotdog in a bun.... the EagleTac P20A2 MKII XP-G S2 with included diffuser & rubber tailcap installed for use as a tailstanding, bedside reading candle!

Phew!

Here are a few shots of my V11R with a Spyderco Chaparral

Classy light and knife combo (points up lol)! Love the reflective surface shots!

pocket dump. hi cri quark, neutral elcap both on rcr.

Quote Originally Posted by whateatsrabbits View Post
    pocket dump. hi cri quark, neutral elcap both on rcr.
    Hi WER, you'll need to upload your photo to a hosting site such as imageshack, photobucket, or picasa and then link to it here. The image you posted is linked to a Gmail file which results in a red X.

My most common combination:

A more cheap, but reliable, combo:

The big daddy:

Obviously I'm proud to be serving our country:

-Alex
    -Alex

The Delica and Endura has definitely stood the test of time!

Quote Originally Posted by NocturnalKnives View Post
    The Delica and Endura has definitely stood the test of time!
    I love the handful that I own. But to be honest, they've stood the test of time because Sal is constantly improving on the original designs for both of them. Small, but very significant changes on a routine basis. I'm thankful he ditched the integral molded clip on the 1st Gen. models. When mine snapped off, it was no fun using a file on my multi-tool and some sandpaper to remove the base of the broken clip that was still attached to the side of my Endura.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Love this thread! Here's my latest orange pair - Mac's EDC XML deep reflector and Todd Begg

Last edited by sledhead; 04-29-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Fenix and Buck.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

I've got a few new additions:

Becker BK-9 & 4sevens Quark X. Sorry they have sawdust on em from logging over the weekend, I actually use them alot.

The BK9 splitting a red oak round. I've actually used it to make a few buckets of kindling out of previously split cherry, works great actually better than my hatchet and probably safer too. Great for limbing a tree when you have a bunch of small limbs, will slice of clean up to thumb size or so with an average whack. Saves the arms from having to hold up the chainsaw to do all the little stuff.

My heavy edc, when I'm wearing jeans: Quark X and S&W M&P.

And my light edc. CRKT minimalist bowie neck knife and ZL H51w. Size is kind of deceiving, but realize those are finger sized molded grips to get an idea. Knife itself weighs only 1.6 oz.
    Last edited by DIΩDΣ; 04-30-2012 at 11:11 PM.

How's this? All the Ti I have in my pockets as I head out to work. McGizmo Haiku, McGizmo Ti Mule, Ti Mako and Ti Keyton on Ti splitring, and ZT0551. My Ti EDC kit is coming along nicely. It's taken some work, but so worth it.

Flashaholic*

Caos

My EDC

The growing family

Quote Originally Posted by mrlysle View Post
    Thought I'd do a more recent photo, and put a couple on the table with the addition of my new Sebenza 21.
    Nice gear! I'd EDC that any day.

Quote Originally Posted by ffemt6263 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ffemt6263 View Post
    I actually just purchased the knife from another member here and he could not remember who did the work. It is quite beautiful though and the pictures of it truly dont do it justice. Its my new edc now. Sits very nicely in the pocket and the insingo blade profile really grew on me.
    \

The handle texture is called dragon skin and it is the work of David Rydbom of Kingdom Armory. I have 2 Sebenzas customized by Dave and they are awesome. You should see the knives he actually makes!

Barbarian thats great info. Thanks alot. Ive been wondering about it for a while. Headed over to search the web for his work now!

Enlightened

Here is what I have been carrying for the last 8 months or so; Jetbeam BA10 and SOG Spec. Elite Mini.

Nice photo, nbp! How does the Mako's surface deal with the pocket tool it is partnered to on that split ring?

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Harry999
    Nice photo, nbp! How does the Mako's surface deal with the pocket tool it is partnered to on that split ring?
    Thanks!

That is the amazing thing. I have had the Mako in my pocket on a Ti splitring with steel and Ti Atwood tools since it arrived at my house and the finish is virtually unscathed. It's pretty crazy actually. I don't think you'd have any problems if you wanted to put it on keys for instance. The polished BB technique seems to be holding up really well. I'd be interested to know if others' experiences have been the same.

Page 43 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3336373839404142434445464748495053 ... LastLast