Why Leefy 18650 are not available?

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why are they not available? Any idea how long before they will be? I mean the model with one battery 18650 that fits SF 6P bezel and tailcap.

Chris

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been waiting too. On custom B/S/T Leef stated in one of his threads that there were new ones on the way to LightHound soon, but I never saw an ETA.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Leef has spent a lot of time developing the BigLeef system. In a post in the custom BST section he said he had another run of the 18650 bodies being made.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Waiting also. I already destroyed a HA 6P body by boring with a 3/4 inch which is 19mm. I bought a drill bit 3/4 size and drilled through it. It worked but the threads broke from it. That is the problem. My suggestion. Don't do it.

Maybe a lathe would work, but I would not risk it anymore. I think the metal under the threads is just too thin for boring at least for the 6P body. Sooner or later it will break. What also I think needs to be taken in consideration is that protected 18650 are thicker than unprotected 18650.

Chris

Paladin

Enlightened
Waiting builds character!

John/Lighthound recently indicated to me via email that it will be a couple of weeks before he has more for sale. I'm already using 2x18650 C-C (w/ KL-5) and 2x18650 M-C (w/ M3/MN11) bodies, but still have a Millenium Turbo head that needs a host body. Guess I'll need another couple of protected 18650's too.

Paladin

Dr.K

Enlightened
I want an 18650 x 2 C to C also.

I emailed lighthound around the first part of December, and he indicated about 2 weeks back then. Hopefully it'll be any day now!

I have been hitting up machinist to make something for me. I've got a P91 and two 18650's, and a 6P just waiting for a new home.