Will I be happy with a SF Turbo Head?

Lux_Luminous

Enlightened
I've been thinking of buying a SureFire KT1 or KT2 Turbo
(I have both six and nine volt lights).

Will I be happy with the Turbo?

Are you happy with yours?

Did you go "OH WOW" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif or just "Oh, darn" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif the first time you used it?

Should I spend a few extra dollars and get a SRTH from LPS?

I would appreciate any and all comments . . .

Thank you, in advance, for your kind assistance! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

"Lux" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
I think you will be happy with a KT2 for your Three SF123A SureFire. I really like the supplied N2 Lamp Assembly and the MN16 High Output Lamp Assembly.

I personally don't think the SRTH is really worth it. The difference in beam throw/beam quality was not significant with the SRTH that I have compared to what other people have posted.

TurboHeads do make me go "OH WOW" - The concentrated, intense white light suited for longer range illumination compared to standard bezels is more useful to me outside.

Al

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
KT1 and KT2 are exactly the same, right? They just come with diffent bulbs? So, are you saying that the KT1/KT2 will work with N1, N2, MN15, and MN16? Hmmm...

MN10 and MN11 look too short. How about MN20 and MN21? I'm going to guess that MN60 and MN61 also work. Its too bad there isn't a high output lamp for turbohead with 2 cells.

How do N2 and MN15 compare?

Mark

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
The N2, MN15 & MN16 will all work in a 3 cell (9 volt) configuration. They will fit in the KT1, KT2, 3" T-HEAD & 2.5" SRTH. The N1 is make only to work in a 2 cell configuration.

MN10 & MN11 are not made for T-Heads, as you have noticed, they are too short.

zackhugh

Enlightened
Sean,

Thanks for the useful info. I just picked up an SRTH and I was wondering if I could get a more powerful lamp than the N2 in it. Now I know the answer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Josh,

That is one of my most used TurboHead models too - 3" T TurboHead on an 12PM powering the MN61 350/20min lamp.

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
This configuration is a good SAR tool for stupid dogs that run off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The SureFire MN60 250Lu/60min Lamp Assembly comes with, and is designed for the M4 TacticalLight and M98 WeaponLights.
The MN60/MN61 are powered by FOUR SF123As.

The "T" 3" TurboHead can be put on the 12PM or 12ZM bodies (or a three SF123A body with A19 [one SF123A] extender) and will hold the MN60, MN61 or N62 Lamp powered by FOUR SF123As.

The "KT" TurboHead from the "KT2" Kit can also be used to hold the MN60, MN61 or N62 Lamps on a FOUR SF123A body.

The KT2 & T2 Kits are for THREE SF123As.

Understand?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Respectfully,

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif