Flashlight Pictures

kb0rrg

Enlightened
Look, I can do pictures now!
66549209sYfwGF_ph.jpg

Bill.H

Enlightened
Looks like you got some hard-worked Mags there! Those things never die (they just get modded!).

That blue & green combo.... one word: FUGLY! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kb0rrg

Enlightened
That is my 50 watt maglight mod. If you look close you can see the charging plug on the end of the tailcap. Some day I will get another blue mag so that I can reassemble my stock green mag and have a normal looking 50 watt blue mag.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
50w?

you're going to have to elaborate! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm getting some 3AA to D batt holders from Elektrolumens. If I drop 3 of those in a 3D Mag for 9AA will I get 12V +or- 1V? If so would you know what kind of bulb I could use?

50W Mag...talk about a sleeper. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

kb0rrg

Enlightened
I would consider using 12 batteries total. I am running 12 * 1.2 = 14.4 volts. That's a bit much for a 12volt bulb. But they are rated for thousands of hours at 12 volts, so even if mine last half that I am still happy. There only $5-6.

Plus when pulling 50 watts through AA batteries there should be some voltage drop. I have not measured though.

Could you use 4 holders in a 4 D?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
kbOrrg -

Yes. His 3 to D holders set in the place of a single D. Soon he will probably begin shipping his "from the ground up." Blaster VIs and Blaster Vs. The VIs will run on two 3 to D holders and the Vs will run on five three to D holders for a theoritical 18Vs. These are resistored 5W LS flashlights.

There is a bit of a hold up on the 3 to D holders so those lights will ship with 123 adapters then he will ship the 3 to Ds when they come in.

MR-16s are in what section of Wally World? I've got a 3D Mag that hasn't seen use in years. Hmm.

Thanks