Sportsman's Warehouse 3 Watt Tactical LED?

CCH

Newly Enlightened
Hi, first time posting here so be gentle on the ignorant. I have some gift cards burning a hole in my pocket and was considering this light from Sportsman's Warehouse that happens to fit into the budget. Does anyone have any figures on run time? I mean real world, rather than what's listed on the box. It says 4 hours but doesn't specify if that is at the high or low setting. Currently my best flashlight is a Surefire G2 and I'm looking for something that will last longer in the woods. It appears nicely made and is compact enough for regular carry. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Last edited:

CCH

Newly Enlightened
Anyone?

By the way they had Surefire Aviators marked down to $97.

kevinm

Enlightened
The Sportsman's Warehouse brand is just a rebranding of Nuwai flashlights. I'm not sure which one is the 3W one, but if you look at Nuwai photos, you can find their model. Then, just search for reviews of that light; I think all of them have been reviewed.

Kevin

kramer5150

Flashaholic
The Sportsman's Warehouse brand is just a rebranding of Nuwai flashlights. I'm not sure which one is the 3W one, but if you look at Nuwai photos, you can find their model. Then, just search for reviews of that light; I think all of them have been reviewed.

Kevin

x2... some of the Nuwai LED torches use nichia LEDs and have pretty long run times as a result. FWIW.. I have seen this series of Nuwai rebranded under Auora, streamlight and river rock (pictured). There is also a generic version that pops up on ebay every once in a while. Note however that neither of these are 3 watts... IIRC. I don't think I have ever seen a single-LED Nichia light that put out 3 Watts, most are a watt or two tops.

standard.jpg

can you take pics or post www links of the light in question? That might help folks identify the OEM builder.

Last edited:

CCH

Newly Enlightened
They don't show any products on their website so I can't link to anything. It is described as a 3 watt Luxeon with both a high and a low setting. The bezel looks a bit like an OD SF E2D, guess that's what garners it the "tactical" name. Takes two 123 batteries. The switch is in the end cap and it has a pocket clip installed. Packaging claims 75 lumens at high and four hours run time but doesn't say at what setting -- I'm assuming low but would love to hear otherwise. The construction seems pretty decent. In looking at reviews, it looks sort of like the Nuwai TM-301X-3 but the body has more standard checkering than the heavy duty knobby finish on that one. Cost is $37. Thanks for the input!

Link to Nuwai review:

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/nuwai_tm301x3.htm

Last edited:

Juicespeare1

Newly Enlightened
I have the Sportsman's Warehouse 3 watt Luxeon 2x123a light you're asking about. It's green anodized with a black pocket clip.

The only weak point is the pocket clip. It's attached with two really small screws. The screws broke on mine after about a year or so. Of course they might have lived longer had I not pulled on the clip to adjust it a bit. I probably pulled too hard.

I've had the light for some time and it stays in my vehicle as a backup light since I went the Fenix P2D route for EDC.

I did EDC the Sportsman's warehouse light for a few months. The high and low modes are quite good. Mine had a slight greenish tint, but not bad. Nothing like a sickly green tint, just a slight warm green tint. The tint was quite good for throw outside. I find just a slight green tint looks better than a blue tint at night outside.

The light is a good light. They also have a 1 watt Luxeon single cell 1x123a light, but I already had a Surefire E1L so wanted a two cell light.

Like I said, the light stays in my vehicle, so I consider it a reliable light and have it in there for emergency use. I wouldn't have a light for emergency use if I didn't think it totally reliable.

The anodizing is not type III, but rather type II and is thin and somewhat easily scratched.

I didn't mind this, cause I consider the function of the light before the aesthetics, especially after carrying it for a few months with keys in my pocket. The light holds up reasonably well considering I've dropped it more than a few times on concrete.

One of my coworkers commented on how bright it is, then I showed him the high mode, he was impressed.

One thing to note is the light is a reverse clicky type which means you have to release the switch after pressing the tailcap in order for the light to turn on. Changing modes you just click again to go to the lower mode.

Last edited:

Juicespeare1

Newly Enlightened
That probably is the closest thing to the Sportsman's Warehouse light that you will find. I also believe the Sportsman's Warehouse light is made by Nuwai and is probably this model of Nuwai light tested even though the machining is a bit different. I bet the internals are the same. The head certainly looks the same.

They don't show any products on their website so I can't link to anything. It is described as a 3 watt Luxeon with both a high and a low setting. The bezel looks a bit like an OD SF E2D, guess that's what garners it the "tactical" name. Takes two 123 batteries. The switch is in the end cap and it has a pocket clip installed. Packaging claims 75 lumens at high and four hours run time but doesn't say at what setting -- I'm assuming low but would love to hear otherwise. The construction seems pretty decent. In looking at reviews, it looks sort of like the Nuwai TM-301X-3 but the body has more standard checkering than the heavy duty knobby finish on that one. Thanks for the input!

Link to Nuwai review:

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/nuwai_tm301x3.htm

AirTool

Newly Enlightened
Thought they looked like the Nuwai's as well...

Marked down to $9.99 for the 2x123 and $7.49 for the 1x123: Very decent!

lumenal

Enlightened
Thought they looked like the Nuwai's as well...

Marked down to $9.99 for the 2x123 and $7.49 for the 1x123: Very decent!

These SW brand Luxeon lights are a steal at these red-tag prices!

They definitely resemble the Nuwai Q-I and Q-III.

Both the 1 watt and the 3 watt have the following:

-a glass lens
-a textured metal reflector
-double o-rings
-coarse threads
-solid build
-and most importantly, they have regulation circuits

The 3 watt has a 2 stage reverse tailswitch that goes high-low-off.

Even though the anodizing is that army-green type II, these will make excellent hosts for modding, as well as great beater lights.

I bought a pile of them at these $7.49 and $9.99 prices. These used to be $30 and $40 lights!

I even made a Poor-mans L1. (For about $18).

Since the tailcaps are interchangeable, simply swap the 3 watt's 2-stage cap for the 1 watt's 1 stage.

Now since that 2-stage tailswitch is resistored for 6 volts (2x123A) of the 3 watt, putting it on the 3 volt (1x123A) 1 watt gives a nice, regular high, with a really low, low. Great for night-adapted vision.

The tints are all consistently white on these samples, no greens, pinks, or purples here.

Bottom line: Get to SW, the Surefires are gone and pick up a couple of these little jewels!

leon-qcg

Newly Enlightened
Usually Xenon bulb lights can cause such a matter, but Lexnon, CREE lights will not.., I will test this and leave the result here soon!!!:sssh::sssh::sssh: