Question for Wolf-Eyes Owners

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a quick question for owners of the Wolf-Eyes Sniper. I just received mine today (very nice light), but found that I am unable to remove the tail cap of my Sniper regardless of how much force I apply. I even used a lid gripper to hold the battery tube and another gripper to hold the tail cap, and twisted as hard as I possibly could and it didn't budge. Is locktight used on the tail cap of the Sniper so it cannot be removed for some reason? I would think that it should be removable so it can be changed with an optional LED tail cap or so the switch could be replaced if it happened to go bad.

I went ahead and removed the bezel and inserted the battery through the top of the battery tube and the light works fine, but if the tail cap is supposed to be removable, obviously I would like it to be on my light.

One other general question about Wolf-Eyes lights - do they normally come with any spare o-rings or switch covers? I think every other light that I have at least come with spares o-rings and usually a spare switch cover, but neither of my Wolf-Eyes flashlights (Sniper, Defender) came with spares for either which I found kind of odd for a light of this caliber.

Last edited:

KEW

Newly Enlightened
Of the 100+ lights that I own and use daily I have about a dozen or so Wolf Eyes lights. They are fast becoming my new favorite. All of the ones I own, including 4 Snipers, they all have removable tailcaps. I would contact the business it was purchased from and see about returning it. As for the O-rings, none of mine came with an extra set. I am not too concerned about it. Most flashlight O-rings are not exposed to much adversity for long periods of time, I would expect them to last 3-4 years without any trouble at all. if you were in need of a spare set I have had nothing but fantastic customer service for Mike at Pacific Tactical. I am sure he would fix you up.

OceanView

Enlightened
My Sniper tailcap unscrews easily. Very smooth turning action.

No O-rings came with my Sniper from PTS.

KeeperSD

Enlightened
Agree with the above posts, all my tail caps unscrew with ease.

You twisting the right way :poke::nana:

No O Rings supplied either, personally i don't see the need to supply them with the light. I haven't had one fail yet and if they do i will order one then.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this a Sniper LED? I recall one of the old WE 2x123A lights (Sniper?) that was lower priced than the others that had a non-removable tailcap, but it was discontinued I believe. I also think it was a xenon light. If it's not this one, I'd say it's best to contact the retailer you purchased it from and ask.

Paul5M

Newly Enlightened
I think, yours is the discontinued waterproof version ;)
If you look at how the tailcap is assembled/designed you'll know why :sssh:

GreySave

Enlightened
No experience with the Sniper, but have had a lot of service from a 9 series Raider. No spare parts provided when purchased, but then I have not had an o-ring or switch cover fail. The original clicky tailcap will no longer lock out, but considering the use I have received from this light I am not disappointed and would gladly purcahse another.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great - thanks for all the responses and info! I heard back from John at Liotech where I purchased it, and he said that the 6PX series body has a sealed tail cap, which is the one I received. He said that the 6PX body is designed that way, but I'm not exactly sure why. I ordered the Sniper with the Q5 digital 4 mode module.

He told me if I want the removable tail cap he would send me a 6a body which does not have the sealed tail cap. Based on your responses, this sounds like the more current body type, so I am going to swap it out. I think it will make the battery changes easier (especially when outside) and lets me get to the switch or put in a different tail cap if I ever need to. GreySave's experience with the clickie going out is another reason why I want to have access to it if needed.

I'll tell you, Liotech is great to deal with if you have an issue - John is shipping me a new body tomorrow before he even gets this one back. There also is a price difference between the two body types, but he's not going to charge me the difference..thanks John!! :thumbsup:

I also asked him about the spare parts, and he said that he would inquire about it from Wolf-Eyes. Based on your comments, I may never have to replace even the occasional o-ring, but it's nice knowing I can just in case. :D

- Rich

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I own a PILA GL2R old style and wanted a light for my shotgun, I ordered the Sniper Q2 with coiled pressure switch from PTS.
I also ordered the Q5 drop in.

When I received the new Sniper with Q2, I mounted the tail cap and Q2 on my GL2 and onto my shotgun.
The Sniper Q5 got the PILA GL2R clicky and Q5.

I may mount the Sniper on my carbine, or I might just go with my Surefire G2 with BOG Q5

Too many decisions