ORB Wee Ti

dutchguy2

Enlightened
This is a first attemt to make a picturised review of a flashlight. Please note that englisch is not my native language and forgive me all my faults.

With this review I will use pictures to tell you about my recently aquired ORB Wee Ti. It is truely amazing what this very small light can do. I do own de 50 lumens LE and also the 80 lumens LE. I mainly use the 50 lumens LE, why you will find out.

weetp6.jpg

Here are some pictures to show you how small this light is.

Wee und Fenix P2D
weep2dvh2.jpg

Wee und Mag 5D
weemag5si1.jpg

The battery you will get with this light is very small too.
weebattoi0.jpg

The battery hold 90mAh and this is enough to use the light for 30 minutes with the 50 lumens LE and 15 minutes with the 80 lumens LE.

I was wondering how the small ORB Wee would stand against the Mag 5D and the Fenix P2D. This isn't that easy as I thought it would be. The Mag 5D as an incan has a very different color of light. The Wee has a very small reflector made from Titanium and has only flood. The Mag can be stet to flood comparable to the Wee and I tried to make a comparising shot anyhow.

Mag 5D vs ORB Wee
weemag5beamdf1.jpg

Impressive isn't it. Who needs a Mag 5D?!

Easier because both are LED lights but still difficult was it to compare the Fenix P2D and the ORB Wee.

Fenix P2D on Low vs ORB Wee
weep2dbeam1ro4.jpg

Fenix P2D on Med vs ORB Wee
weep2dbeam2gu2.jpg

Fenix P2D on High vs ORB Wee
weep2dbeam3rv7.jpg

I left a comparison between the Fenix P2D on high out because it is clear that the Wee has no chance here.

Maybe it is interesting to know/see what he differences are between the LE 50 and the LE 80.

ORB Wee 50er LE
wee50sw3.jpg

ORB Wee 80er LE
wee80bt4.jpg

As you can see the difference is small. I would prefer the 25 LE above the 80 LE due to the longer runtime you get.

The Wee Ti is built very good and the desing is very simple.

Wee inside the Tailcap
weecappd8.jpg

A small o-ring is used as a spring.

Wee inside the Body
weebinnenpg8.jpg

You can clearly see the LE. It is very easy to change them, a small tap on a wooden table and it pops out.

ORB Wee front
weecreeka9.jpg

Glass with two O-rings and the Titanium reflector

It does not show in the pictures but the Wee has two small tritium vials in the tail cap. This is just brilliant, you can find it very easy at night. Please do yourself a favor and take this option if you buy this light.

I like this tiny light a lot. The ORB Wee has convinced me of its quality so much that I already ordered a ORB Raw NS. I use the Wee mostly arround the house, getting wood for the fireplate in the evening, gooing to the kids in the middle of the night, a visit to the bathroom in the middle of the night, etc.. It hangs arround my neck all the time and makes my life easier (thats why we have EDC lights don't we).

I hope you liked this small picturised review.

Cheers,
Jos

Last edited:

jugg2

Enlightened
Nice review! I knew these things were small, but that comparison with the P2D, it is CRAZY small! Thanks for all the pics!:thumbsup:

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great review dutchguy2!

Can you provide more details and perhaps pictures of the Light Engine (LE)? It looks like the Cree emitter is squeezed in there with what looks like a round copper spacer to make positive contact. I'd like to know more about the LE. Thanks.

dutchguy2

Enlightened
Great review dutchguy2!

Can you provide more details and perhaps pictures of the Light Engine (LE)? It looks like the Cree emitter is squeezed in there with what looks like a round copper spacer to make positive contact. I'd like to know more about the LE. Thanks.

I'll make some pictures tomorow, in daylight.

Cheers,
Jos

dutchguy2

Enlightened
Great review dutchguy2!

Here are some pictures of the LE.

le50zijjt8.jpg

le50bovenvr5.jpg

le50achtercw8.jpg

dan_

Newly Enlightened
Impressive isn't it. Who needs a Mag 5D?!
Can´t hit anyone with a wee :D
j/k

Thanks for the great review. I got the ns version (25lm & 80lm) and am very pleased with it. Though I prefer the 80lm module.

Patriot

Flashaholic
This was a great little review. I liked your pictures very much. This is one of my favorite small lights and it was nice to see a review about it. Thanks. :)

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great review!

I like the size comparison photographs and the photographs of the insides of the Wee!

Your beamshots are great too - they really show how floody the Wee is.

By the way, your English is perfectly good too :)

Tachikoma

Enlightened
Thanks for the review and the photos DG, I also own a Wee Ti 80lm :thumbsup:
Here's a shot I took a couple days ago ;)

Last edited:

mr.squatch

Enlightened
Terrific writeup, I love the picture of the wee next to the p2d that really gives some perspective on how small these really are. I'd like to see one next to common batteries, such as cr123's or an AA. I saw one at lighthound a while back and was mind-boggled how so much light can come out of such a tiny machine. I may just have to get one of these little guys one of these days.

g