• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Mule PD flicker advice?

paulr

Flashaholic
I'm having some weird flickering probs with my PD Mule. The flickering starts after 20 seconds or so, but only on the low level. It is intermittent, not really severe. It doesn't happen on high level, which makes me think this isn't a dirty contact problem. Have there been any issues with the electronics that could cause something like this? Any other ideas? Of course I should also clean all the contacts (haven't done that yet).

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
The converter in the PD mule (I'm assuming a GDx2) is stable in both low and high. I am not aware of any issues offhand.

A couple of thoughts. Dead battery? Dirty contacts.

Wayne

paulr

Flashaholic
i thought the converter was a wizard? It doesn't have any multi modes or anything like that. i'll try cleaning the contacts. I don't mind swapping the battery but the thing is, high mode works fine. The flicker is only in low mode.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The converter is a GDx2 which replaced the wizx2. I would guess you have some resistance in the ground path that is likely overcome with the greater contact pressure when you shift to high. That is just a guess though. If cleaning the contacts doesn't fix the problem, I will be happy to check out the light and test the converter on the bench to see if there is something not right with it.

paulr

Flashaholic
Thanks. I'll try cleaning the contacts during the weekend.