• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Remora + Shark + Shark + ... ?

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne (or anyone of more knowledge than I), would it be possible to wire a single Remora to more than one Shark? Similar to that of an analog pot.

-DF

Mono

Newly Enlightened
Wayne (or anyone of more knowledge than I), would it be possible to wire a single Remora to more than one Shark? Similar to that of an analog pot.

-DF

I kind of thought !

one_Remora_moreSharks.jpg

first SHARK with bridge, second SHARK without bridge, ...

Mono

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
So is it possible to run say 8 sharks of one remora? If so how would it be wired?

Mac

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wire the third, fourth... just like the 2nd one in the diagram above.

Wayne

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
I kind of thought !

one_Remora_moreSharks.jpg

first SHARK with bridge, second SHARK without bridge, ...

Mono

I'm still a bit confused on how to do this.

I still remove the trimpot from both sharks and bridge the gap of the to 2 pads correct?

Led + and LED - from both boards wired together to the LEDs?

Vin and Vout from battery connect to both boards?

And the ONLY connection I need between remora and the SECOND blue shark is PWM?

LarsB

Newly Enlightened
Actually, according to my experiments, you do not necessarily have to remove the trimpot from a (Blue) Shark in order to be able to use it in conjunction with a Remora!
I was having the problem that the current was too high for my LEDs in the most powerful mode of the Remora, and was looking for a way to reduce it, without changing the sense resistor.
I then found out that by leaving the trimpot in place, while still connecting the Remora in the prescribed way (see pictures earlier in this thread),
the trimpot gave you a possibility to raise and lower the current output of the Shark in all three modes of the Remora.
Wayne, can you confirm this?
I made my experiments with a Blue Shark only, so I cannot guarantee that this will work with a Buck Shark as well, but I suppose so.
It should also work in the two Sharks, one Remora configuration described in this thread (the trimpot of the second Shark should of course still be removed and its two pads should NOT be jumpered!).

Last edited: