• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

what's the difference?

houtex

Enlightened
What is the difference in all the disignations? I want to order A19 cree head for my fb1 body but I don't understand which one to get.there's gd666,gd750,sob.......Which one is right for me. :thinking:

Enlightened
It all depends on the input (battery/batteries) and your desired brightness vs. runtime. The fb1 holds a single 123, assuming you will use a R123, you will most likely need a buck/boost converter like the GD designed for single cell lithium ions or a buck coverter (SOB) depending on the forward voltage of the led (voltage in needs to be greater than forward voltage of the led). Once the type of converter is decided, you need to decide on the current. The higher the current, the brighter the led, the shorter the runtime. I like boards around 500-650ma for the newer led's.

The shoppe's converters are labeled as the type and then the current. A GD750 would be a buck/boost type regulated for 750mA. A SOB750 would be a buck converter at 750ma.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Last edited:

houtex

Enlightened
Thanks for the reply. What I'm looking for is the brightest that will run off a regular 123 battery.Run time is not important in this case.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
For max. brightness on CR123s, I'd go with an NG750.

If you ever want to use rechargeables, get the GD. With RCR123s, you can get more current, so you could power a GD917 or GD1000.

houtex

Enlightened
Awesome thanks Led. They (LZ) happen to be one of my favorites. I just learned they have a led zepplin chanel on XM .all zepplin all the time.
EDIT: I went ahead and order the NG750.

Last edited: