• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

LE for Mule

Brightboy1

Newly Enlightened
They appear from time to time for sale in the "CPF's Custom & Mod B/S/T" forum.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Put a WTB in the custom BST forum. I did and I got several responses.

I would recommend NOT buying a LE with a hard driving driver/emitter system. There doesn't seem to be a need for super high power Light engines in the Mule. In fact IMHO a low power LE is the way to go. My current (and only) mule has a 280 Ma Nichia LE and is about perfect.
Yaesumofo

theamazingrando

Newly Enlightened
A WTB add has not worked for me. I'm surprised. I had expected a ready market of superceded Luxeon light engines.

With a retired LE the Aleph McClicky Mules would be a very affordable high-end custom light. I guess everyone is attached to their older lights--which I consider a good thing. I'm certainly not ready to throw away a light which made me happy a year ago jsut because there is something better now. Our society is imbued with that attitude; to our detriment, I believe.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
A WTB add has not worked for me. I'm surprised. I had expected a ready market of superceded Luxeon light engines.

With a retired LE the Aleph McClicky Mules would be a very affordable high-end custom light. I guess everyone is attached to their older lights--which I consider a good thing. I'm certainly not ready to throw away a light which made me happy a year ago jsut because there is something better now. Our society is imbued with that attitude; to our detriment, I believe.
Yep mine is actually sporting a CREE P4 and GD750 engine, I prefer the mild warmer tint of the P4...

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sorry that you have had difficulties. I received several responces. some better than others. I was able to pick from a coupple. I even pointed one of the sellers to your WTB ad. Maybe you passed for the same reson that I did.
I have lots of LE's in use in flashlights. I have not run around and pulled every LUX III LE and replaced it with a Cree unit. I doubt others have either. It is more likley that people just added to their collection. At least that is what I did. IMHO the LUX III is a fine emitter. I have a few which perform extreemley well giving the cree a good run for it's money. ONe is a LION CUB which is just a real LOUD flashlight for it's size.

Anyway keep looking. or start building. It really is not that tough. all the materials can be had for about the same as you were offering for a used LE maybe a little less...and you have total controll.
BTW IMHO 90% of the Light engines which are out there are really way too bright for use with the Mule. I feel that Mules like a LE which is not hitting the emitter with everything the battery can put out while screamming to death. The new 3 level le being made by the shoppe is a great idea giving the user a good set of choices. One of which is the screaming battery mode, the others are more reasionable.
I would love to have a driver which I could press the button in momentary mode have the light ramp up to the level I want then I could CLICK it and have it latch. IMHO this would be the untimate...Oh and have it remember this level for next time.
Off topic sorry.
Keep looking you will find a cool LE for your Mule.
Yaesumofo

mfrey

Enlightened
I have a nice Q5 WG/SOB 1000 LE that I built for myself with all the best components as a backup but have not used. You would need to use it with a two-cell body given the buck converter. PM me if interested and I'll convey the full specs and price.

Matt

mfrey

Enlightened
For anyone interested, I posted this LE in the Market Place under "lights."

theamazingrando

Newly Enlightened
If that offer was directed to me, I very much appreciate it. however, I would want something to use with the Aleph McClicky Mule with a sinlge primary cell. thanks you, though