Help me design a knife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groundhog66

Banned
Is anyone interested in collaborating with me on a knife project, I think it would nice to see the 1st CPF blade. Yes, I am speaking to you makers out there....let's make something cool huh....:cool:

Tim

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
This CPF Blade idea is great! Sadly, however, I know next to nothing about designing or building a knife - so about all I can offer is the thought that the design may be more popular, and the project possibly more attractive to others, if the knife is suitable for edc. I hope people with some expertise will jump on this bandwagon.

Bloodnut

Newly Enlightened
Well, I'll throw in my .02. Should be something small and light - something that would be viable for EDC - NOT a sharpened pry bar. Maybe 3" blade and ~3" handle of micarta.

The Becker Necker was/is a very popular knife. While I have a few, they never really did it for me. But something in that size range (would definitely need a lanyard) that is a bit more pointy would be just the ticket.

For the steel, I would say keep it simple. *I* would prefer O-1 with a good heat treat. I suspect most would prefer something more stainless. ATS-34/154CM would be fine, I suppose. Let's don't drop down to the 440 range though.

I suppose a kydex sheath suitable for IWB/neck/off-body carry would be in order.

So, a small, handy, rust-resistant blade that allows for versatile carry. Sounds like a CPF knife to me.

Groundhog66

Banned
If its going to be a CPF Knife, it would be nice to see it being internationally legal. Like a slipjoint knife.

When you have to consider all the Int'l legalities, things turn VERY bland. If I only owned knives and guns that are CA legal, I wouldn't have ANY fun:shakehead. I am not looking for something to market on a big scale, just a small run of something cool. I love the idea of a necker w/kydex, 6" OA max. Micarta is cool, but I would like to have an option for something more exotic.

C'MON KNIFEMAKERS........stop being too busy to chime in.

:wave:

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
OK, Point taken, I thought you were talking about folders.

Since this would be a CPF knife, Are you going to incorperate a light into it?

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should be something small and light - something that would be viable for EDC - NOT a sharpened pry bar. Maybe 3" blade and ~3" handle of micarta. So, a small, handy, rust-resistant blade that allows for versatile carry. Sounds like a CPF knife to me.

WITH A LIGHT! And a lanyard. This is sounding even better all the time.

Bloodnut

Newly Enlightened
RE: the light. While I suppose this was a joke, I did think about having some tritium inset in the end of the scales/handle. That would be pretty unique and add come functionality too.

Perhaps greenLED might have some ideas on lanyards....??? ;)

bubbajoe

Newly Enlightened
maybe this sounds crazy and i don't mind taking the heat for it.

how about a handle and blade in the shape of a candle. the handle would be straight and the blade would be in the shape of a candle flame. with the CPF logo on the handle. Add a little tritium under the logo. a gold blade or demascus steel . ebony wood scales. something real fancy . something you'd want to show off to everyone

Groundhog66

Banned

how about a handle and blade in the shape of a candle. the handle would be straight and the blade would be in the shape of a candle flame. with the CPF logo on the handle. Add a little tritium under the logo. a gold blade or demascus steel . ebony wood scales. something real fancy . something you'd want to show off to everyone

:sick2:

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

There was a time when I would have been the first to label an idea like that crazy, and to be quite honest I'd probably still feel ***** carrying around such a knife. However, hang around CPF long enough and you start looking for mementos, so maybe this isn't such a bad idea at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.