advice, 6x5w driving lights for SUV....

lilmarvin4064

Newly Enlightened
i've been away from this forum in a long time, but need some help. I'm trying to make a lighting system for my 4runner (offroad mainly). I just installed some fog lights, but they don't give me the side and "proximity" lighting I'm looking for, so I'm thinking of adding some LED lights underneath my bumper for "proximity" lighting around my vehicle, for driving on backroads and such.

Here is what I was originaly thinking, 2 or 3 Luxeon K2 Neutral white LEDs (LOVE the color!) run @ .8A on each corner under the bumper w/ 4 x 27 degree optics spread out over 90 degrees (33% towards the side). Was also considering Cree XrE Q5 (8 x 25 degree optics) but have never seen the color.

Really, I need some advice on drivers etc....

These looked nice and cheap, http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3256 , but how do I get the votage from 12 to 15 volts down to 4 to 10 volts.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Kaidoman has some drivers with a 18v max. These. They also have optics for $10 for 10 but they are 8 degree all around.

Also remember that the Cree Q5 is more then twice as efficient then the Luxeon K2(Unless you are speaking of the new ones, then they are only slightly less efficient).

Tint will depend on the bin, look here.