• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Aleph McClicky Mule + V10 glow powder + 2 Ton epoxy

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I finally managed to crank out a disk replacement for my GDuP Mule! The light reflected from the glass is more than enough to charge up the glow disk. Plus it is still easy to swap disks out for a different look!
IMG_1494.jpg
IMG_1496.jpg

Here it is under it's own power on a 5 and 20 second charge.
IMG_1495.jpg
IMG_1498.jpg

It took an old candle, a toothpick, 1 screwdriver, the OEM disk, and patience!
IMG_1486.jpg
IMG_1497.jpg

Thank you for looking everyone.

Last edited:

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Care to share how you rigged it up? I've got the glow epoxy down, just curious how you situated everything so that you got nice even coverage without epoxy spillage.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Just carved the exact size and shape of OEM disk into a candle bottom like a mold and poured the right amount very carefully. Thought about it on and off for 3 days before trying it, IMO time well spent.

CaptWolf

Newly Enlightened
Looks really nice. I'm still a major newbie in the area of flashlight modification, and I'm not familiar with pretty much any of the stuff you're talking about, but the job certainly looks good.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
sgt. LED,
That's a very clean and nice looking job you did there. :thumbsup:

I am curious as to how you like the action of the GID boot in comparison to the stock boot? That looks like one of the DealExtreme units? Is the activation smoother and easier with it? I further assume you used just the boot and the black retaining O-ring on assembly?

Thanks.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Thank you for posting about my light McGizmo, if you want a glow disk I could make one and send it to you! I always wanted something from you, but I don't make much $$ (10 an hour now) so thanks for the more affordable product. The stock boot was ok, but the DX glow boot let's you trim the post to get the perfect length for each individual light. After the right post trimming, the activation is indeed smoother for me and I put these on most of my lights. The stock O-ring fits just fine over the glow boot. I now need a matching head with a reflector for farther reaching jobs! Then I could sell many lesser lights.

sgt. LED,
That's a very clean and nice looking job you did there. :thumbsup:

I am curious as to how you like the action of the GID boot in comparison to the stock boot? That looks like one of the DealExtreme units? Is the activation smoother and easier with it? I further assume you used just the boot and the black retaining O-ring on assembly?

Thanks.

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Thanks for the info Sgt.LED. You might want to consider an Aleph19 head with McR-19XR reflector from the shoppe? You can use the same LE with it and get a collimated beam for greater reach. The slate black looks fine on the EN pak, IMHO.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice job:thumbsup: And I second the praise for this Aleph Mule wave, something different and yet still within reach for most McGizmo lovers:twothumbs

Mayo

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine, currently sleeping in its tealight mold...
IMG_0235w.jpg

Never thought of using a candle as a medium for epoxy molding! Thanks, the bag of 100 tealights I bought from Ikea for $2 years ago may actually come to some use!

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
As a result of several PM'ed requests I will be offering these up for sale. I am not sure what to charge, but I want to be cheap. I will have to have a proper Al mold made and I need to order more powder. I am curious as to how many of these I should make?

See my sig line for the proper sales thread!

Last edited: