JM-SST Wiring

Jenova

Enlightened
EDIT: MOD PLEASE MOVE TO Homemade and Modified lights

Ok Got my JM-SST Today and going to hook it up but my head is tripping me out

After several drawings my mind is playing games and need a fresh start
Looking At this pic, Does this seem right
(Sorry for such a sucky pic i hate ms paint )
1.JPG

Last edited:

plasmaman

Enlightened
You need to attach 1 socket wire to ground on the board, and the other socket wire to the battery contact on the bottom of the switch - so you need to pass this wire down through a hole you need to drill in the black body, and solder it to the spring cap on the bottom of the switch.
Your short silicone wire from the ground strap to the board is right.
Then take a small gauge (I use 22awg teflon) from the centre of the board, and solder to the metal contact on the opposite side of the blue switch from where the power feeds to the switch - ie so that the teflon wire is switched. Its a tight fit and fiddle, but worth it!

Jenova

Enlightened
Sorry man i dont understand this part

Then take a small gauge (I use 22awg teflon) from the centre of the board, and solder to the metal contact on the opposite side of the blue switch from where the power feeds to the switch - ie so that the teflon wire is switched. Its a tight fit and fiddle, but worth it!

where abouts to the switch am i attaching it to ?

Thanks

plasmaman

Enlightened
This pic is from a different thread, but shows clearly where you attach the 22awg wire from the contact in the centre of the board.
Connect it to the switch terminal in the same way as the yellow wire on the left side of the picture (ignore all the rest).
That way the battery pos is wired directly (via the through switch silicone wire) to the board, and is also wired to the board centre via the small gauge wire, through the switch.
The unwired switch terminal on the opposite side should still make contact with the battery contact plate at the bottom of the black housing.

DSC00204.jpg

Jenova

Enlightened
Thanks man ill wire up 2night and test ;)

This pic is from a different thread, but shows clearly where you attach the 22awg wire from the contact in the centre of the board.
Connect it to the switch terminal in the same way as the yellow wire on the left side of the picture (ignore all the rest).
That way the battery pos is wired directly (via the through switch silicone wire) to the board, and is also wired to the board centre via the small gauge wire, through the switch.
The unwired switch terminal on the opposite side should still make contact with the battery contact plate at the bottom of the black housing.

DSC00204.jpg