Rick Hinderer XM-18 Rocks and Service A++

greenstuffs

Banned
I had the opportunity of getting a XM-18 and had a little flaw because the blade is not centered. Sent couple emails to Rick which he replied all within 48 hrs and ask me to send the knife plus the return shipping.
He checked the knife switched couple screws and put new bushings to the knife, now is good like new. If you see this knife get it if you have one for sale you can sell it to me :whistle:.
Here is a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_zGL_9JBrk

CIMG0194.jpg

CIMG0193.jpg

CIMG0192.jpg

Last edited:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread needs PICS! ;)

I love my XM-18. It is hard to imagine that every fastener and component is made by Mr. Hinderer himself, a truly custom knife, at these prices. And great support too.

cutlerylover

Banned
awesome! I know there are a bunch of guys waiting to get one of those, but when they pop up for sale on the forum they sell within the day...hard to get these days!

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
:faint::faint::faint: I have to change my shorts:sick:

ImatorchnutImatorchnutImatorchnutImatorchnutIma Knife Nut!

maybe in the future?

Mayo

cutlerylover

Banned
Let me tell you somethgin Mayo...I AM A KNIFE NUT!!!!!!!!

But.........after reading about lights on the knife forums here I am at CPF addicted to lights too, it goes both ways! hahaha, hey, enjoy it...

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess I should finally get some shots of my Xm in here, truly a solid, well balanced knife.

Mayo, where behind the Orange curtain are you lurking?

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I live in the safest city in the US:p Jeeze whats with all the Hinderers popping up!?!?! Maybe I'll have to stroll on down to Plaza Cutlery to see if they have any in stock...:poof:

Mayo

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I went into Plaza a month or so ago to grab a Strider pt-cc, I pulled my Xm-18 out and Dan said he had just gotten off the phone with Hinderer discussing when he might be able to get a few more for the store.

I still can't believe I walked up to Rick's table at the last Plaza show and only looked at the kubotans...He had at least 3-5 Xm's there to buy.:crazy:

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to hear the good news StillPhoto! I'm a college student though so I have to pick my next buy, and that currently is: Data SPY007. Which means no XM-18 for me in the near future:mecry: Anyways I'm one of those "if I have a really nice knife, I may baby it" so my Kershaw Scalion will hold me over...for now:p I just found out about Plaza Cutlery last month, what an awesome store!:twothumbs

Mayo

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on the XM-18!! Rick ROCKS, there is no doubt about that!!!

XM-18's are hard to get!! I LOVE mine!!!

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess I was rather lucky, over on USN I posted a WTB for one and within a day or two someone offered me the exact knife I was looking for...Although I'm curious about the 3 inch version now, might be a little easier to carry than my 3.5 .

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 3 inch version IS perfect for EDC.

Here are pix of my XM-18's. The blue one IS a 3.5 incher, the gray and black are 3 inchers.

HindererXM-18open.jpg

Hinderergray.jpg

my2XM-18s.jpg

XM-18ssidebyside.jpg