Are there any AA LED weapon lights?

Geoffrey

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a weapon mounted light for use with each of these: a pistol, rifle, and shotgun.

I am trying to get all my lights in either AAA or AA and my upcoming Eotech sight will also run on AA, so I am wondering if there are any lights available that run on AA batteries.

I tried a forum and google search but no luck.

Anyone know if such a thing exists? Any plans for one in the future?

Thanks.

Patriot

Flashaholic
There are none that I know of and I'm kinda in to that stuff. I have the same issue with with AA Eotechs and Leupold CQ-T scopes while my lights take 123s. It's really a non-issue for me and I just prioritize batteries for the lights since the optics use so little power.

In order to have a AA flashlight on your weapon, it would be just that, a flashlight that's been converted to work on a firearm. I just wouldn't be comfortable doing that. Have you looked at the X300? It's sure easy to interchange between weapons.

matthewdanger

Enlightened
I've been hoping for one for a long time. Seems like Fenix might be interested in a project like this.

Geoffrey

Newly Enlightened
Now that is slick.

I wonder if anyone makes a mount similar to that so I could mount any AA or AAA LED light I wanted to?

freefall8

Newly Enlightened
The RLS will accept any flashlights with these dimensions:

"RLS™ mount will accommodate any hand-held compact light in the range of .970" (24.6mm) - 1.060" (26.9mm) in diameter"

sortafast

Enlightened
why not just get an eotech 553 it uses 123 batteries. :rolleyes:

I might have to look into making a AA powered weapons light just for giggles. Probably wouldnt be super bright though. But with a step up converter i bet it could be done and be pretty decent.

Mercaptan

Enlightened
why not just get an eotech 553 it uses 123 batteries. :rolleyes:

If you're going for simplicity and least number of batteries, I would take this recommendation. AAs just don't have the voltage to drive a nice light for long periods. 3 volt lithiums (123s) are perfect in this regard... No reason to skimp if you're already going with an Eotech.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm currently entertaining an idea for a shotgun weapon light. It would consist of 4 Saik RC-A3 heads (with the electronics potted in epoxy) running two each to two AAs switched by a pressure pad. ~400 lumens for ~35 minutes.

sortafast

Enlightened
If you're going for simplicity and least number of batteries, I would take this recommendation. AAs just don't have the voltage to drive a nice light for long periods. 3 volt lithiums (123s) are perfect in this regard... No reason to skimp if you're already going with an Eotech.

too bad the 553 costs almost double what a 512 can go for, as that really would be the ideal tacticool set up. The 2 main problems with a 2AA light are size/length and lack of good power. I would rather have the 2 battery types personally. Its still fairly simple, and the benefits of the added output/runtime are more than worth the minor inconvenience.

paulr

Flashaholic
Are you really having enough tactical encounters involving firearms for battery type to be a significant issue?

Geoffrey

Newly Enlightened
I just sold off all my 123 goods since I was sick of the price vs run time.

I want to run all my gear on AA and AAA for simplicity and availability of great rechargeable cells like the eneloops I use for all my lights.

I am just a regular armed civilian so I don't need an insane bright light, or a combat proven light. I just need a light I could mount to various weapons if needed and for fun.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Super Bright LED C3-70101 20-mode 1xAA(1.5V)(FN-C3-20x) may this one can be ok, it put out 80 lumens, I am not very sure if it is ok for you!!!! Here is the link for it:http://www.qualitychinagoods.com/super-bright-c370101-20mode-1xaa15vfnc320x-p-805.html
It is NOT ok.
Cannot operate torch after it is mounted on pistol. (see pictures onleon-qcg's link). You need side mounted or tape (remote) switch.
Comes on in low mode. Enemy can see you and shoot you dead. You can not blind enemy because you are not in high mode.
Reverse clickie - no momentary - once you turn on the light, enemy can see where you are going and keep shooting at you.

Last edited:

Latest posts