Shamara Triple Cree XR-E Q Bin LED

redburn_38

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any more information on this light or review links. It appears to be a new light from KAIDOMAIN and in one of the photos of the box it is labled as a "LEGION Eastward YJ" Limited Edition 500 lumen LED light.

Basically I am wondering the price/quality thing as it is selling for $154.85 as I was going to purchase 3 "Romisen RC-T5 4-Cree 3-Mode LED Flashlights" but have heard mixed reviews on their quality.

I will need the light for more SPILL rather than THROW as I am planning on making a portable tripod light stand for night time geology specimen collecting in remote areas and need to see the ground lit up infront of me for about 20-40 feet really clear bright white and true!

http://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/ProductDetail.aspx?TranID=3974

Product Information for KD#: SKU3974 at Kaidomain . (you know what).

This light uses the new Q Bin LED's and looks A+1 quality in build but that is only by the pics. It is powered by a 6 x RCR123A battery pack similar to that of Surefire.

I would like to know if this light would be able to use the standard CR123a's and not just the rechargeable ones.

Also if anyone has their 2cents for me on the most cost efficient LED light to use in multiples attached to a board on a tripod for my home made flood light thing described above for my application, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The light probably has a medium beam, not flood or throwy(Well, might throw well because of sheer output).

You can probably use a diffuser for a more floody beam.

Not sure about quality or if it can use primaries.

For the price, Romisen seems to have better quality then mosts other lights of that market.

If you are building your own, what battery would you plan on using?

If you are building your own, maybe a magite mod with a floody reflector or optic would work. I'm not sure if this optic(or this one) fits a maglite head with a heatsink but it should provide you with a pretty floody beam. Coupled with 3 Cree Q5s, this driver, and a maglite 4D with a 12 AA to 4D battery pack(Anything 12-18v should work), should give you around 570 lumen at the emitter(You can also modify the driver to give you more output).

This is also a pretty good flood light(not 500 lumen though).

redburn_38

Newly Enlightened
Thxs Long John & Gunner12 !

Hey guys, thanks for the quick as hell replies. I did enjoy reading the thread on the "Legion" and should have done a better search for the light before making the post.

As for your information on Modding "Gunner12" I am very appreciative but am a total newbie when it comes to building lights. I am a proud owner of quite a collection nice, not so nice, cheap and expensive lights. I am wanting to learn to be a modder for this type of thing but better with hands on learning so I might have to convince someone on this site to take the job of building me a custom portable flood light set up and just pay for it.

I will be opening a new thread titled "Build a portable flood light station Help!"

Hopefully I will be able to get some more direction on how I want to do this. I am planning on having my set up done for this spring and will need to use it for 1-3 hours at a time. This will probably determine how I build it as to whether or not to use flashlights in multiple attached to a board with their own batteries or multiple custom Cree Q Bin's in sealed housings with one large battery power supply.

Any how thanks again and any further advice on my project would be appreciated.