arc aaa ds

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
ok, i think i'm gonna get this light.
those of you that have it, will you kind of nudge me.
i'm use to the brightest you can get light, not the eneloop/long runtime/always there when you need it light.
so what do you guys use it for and how bright is it compared to say my fenix l0d ceq4 on 10440s on low (never use aaa)
also any info on lumens and runtime and even lumens/watt would be helpful.
i knew i came to the right place :grin2:

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
This_is_Nascar has a runtime chart of the DS, if you care to search for it. Basically, the DS is somewhat, but noticeably, brighter than the standard -P Arc AAA. And generally speaking is similar to the 11 lumens of an L0D Q4 on low (using alkys). More or less. Sort of. :)

So it will be less bright than the L0D Q4 with your current battery configuration.

Edit: as to what I use it for, it rides on my keychain in case I find myself stuck in a dark elevator for several hours. Backup role.

cheers

Last edited:

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Consider this a nudge. The AAA-P w/DS is a fantastic light and keeps finding it's way onto my key chain. I just believe that whenever I need it, it will be there and work great.

Besides the fantastic function and reliability, there is no other AAA light that I have handled that brings me so much in the way of pride of ownership. It is a true work of art that works. The knurling is grade A quality.

Don't delay, go and get one and if you don't like it, sell it to me at a discount:devil: