• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

27 LT battery fit problem

MrBadExample

Newly Enlightened
I just received a few 17670 AW rechargeable batteries I had intended to use in my 27 LT. Unfortunately it appears these 17670's are marginally shorter than two primaries and therefore I can twist the head all the way in and the light will still not work. I placed a small spacer magnet on the positive terminal of the 17670 and it gives it enough length to function. I would prefer a better solution than a magnet spacer, any thoughts? I thought about trying to stretch the spring that is soldered to the inside tube but will wait for some input.

Thanks,
Brian

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are handy with a soldering iron you can 'lift' the anode bead a little. This works great and will still work ok with 123s

Kiessling

Flashaholic
A magnet on the positive end of the battery is something you'd like to avoid IMHO, quite dangerous.

jefft

Enlightened
Use a Leef magnet. (Lighthound should be getting them produced again soon) The Leef magnet is surrounded by a plastic washer that prevents it from shifting and shorting out against the body if you drop or shake the light. Works great, and safe, to boot.

TxTroubleMaker

Enlightened
I've had 4 27LT's and a Ti S27 Cx2 and I've used AW's protected 17670's in all of these lights and never had any issues with them being too short. Can you post pics of the cells that you're using? Another thought is that the spring in the battery tube may not be stretched out enough. That could be a quick and easy fix for this problem. If possible can you post a pic of that part of the battery tube as well...

Barefootone

Enlightened
No doubt about it magnets and LION cells do not mix well. IMHO.
Yaesumofo

For sure you don't want any type of dead short from the positive anode of the cell to the tube. Take it from me you don't want a explosion/fire :poof: (https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/170187) from your 27LT. Been there done that and my explosion/fire wasn't caused by a magnet. Stretching the spring is the best bet IMHO, be safe.

Last edited: