Would like to see more long clips on Surefires

chuck4570

Enlightened
I for one would like to see Surefire put long clips on more of their flashlights. I have personally placed long clips on most of my smaller lights, like E2e's and L1's, (all versions). I just find the longer clips easier and more comfortable to use, plus being more secure when the light is clipped to the inside of your pocket.

Chuck

chuck4570

Enlightened
I swapped a long clip from a Surefire C3 that I put a Turbo head on, but I have also gotten a couple from Ebay. I have heard that Surefire sells them, I just haven't gone that route yet.

Chuck

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me too, I love the long clips on the A2, E2L etc

The light feels far more secure riding in a pocket with the long clip. So much so that I'm not really comfortable using short clips any more - I would rather just drop the light into my pocket, unclipped.

Regards,
Tempest

Numbers

Enlightened
Me too, I love the long clips on the A2, E2L etc

The light feels far more secure riding in a pocket with the long clip. So much so that I'm not really comfortable using short clips any more - I would rather just drop the light into my pocket, unclipped.

Regards,
Tempest
Exactly!

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you call customer service and explain your preference, they just might send you one for free. If not, they are about $6. Well worth it, IMO.

Mark

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm hoping for bezel down clip options in the future. Good to know tat long clips are cheap to get. I too prefer the long clips on my L2 and A2.

Valolammas

Enlightened
I'm going to go against the grain on this one. I recently got an L1 and I like its short clip much better than the longer one on my A2.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to go against the grain on this one. I recently got an L1 and I like its short clip much better than the longer one on my A2.

Each to their own :D

What is it you prefer about the short clips?

Regards,
Tempest

JimmyB

Enlightened
When I contacted SF via email to buy some clips (I actually wanted the short ones) I was initially quoted a price, which I can't remember now. When I called to buy them I was told that they (Surefire) do not sell them. They did offer to send some out at no charge, which they did very quickly.

I know I've seen some for sale in various places but I'm not sure how they were obtained. Call Surefire and be honest with them and you'll likely be happy with the result.

PS: If you just need a couple of long clips PM your address and I'll send them along.

Last edited:

Valolammas

Enlightened
What is it you prefer about the short clips?

It holds the light a bit tighter, but most of all, it's much easier to actually clip it to something.

The end of the long clip on my A2 is almost flush against the body so it's difficult to insert any kind of fabric under it. I actually have to manually bend the clip away from the light every time, or it just won't catch. And higher up, there's a very large clearance between the clip and the light, which allows the light to move around. Maybe I should remove it and try to bend it to a better shape, but I'm a bit worried that I'll break it.

In contrast, the short clip works like a charm. It's very easy to clip it and it holds fairly well. Works as well as a Spyderco clip, if that means anything to you.

chokker

Newly Enlightened
On my L1, I hate the short clip. The flashlight has fallen from my pocket at least twice on both ocassions I heard the flashlight hit the ground. When I carry it now I just place it in my pocket.