Terra Lux TLE-300?

a4d

Enlightened
Has anyone bought this mod yet for their mag?

It doesn't focus anymore with this mod it says it doesn't need to be focused with it's 550 lumen output. It's muli Led though so the throw shouldn't be all to amazing right?

Then again it's 550 lumens i guess would help in the throw department.

I guess what i'm asking has anyone tried it yet?

a4d

Enlightened
I probably should hae used the search feature first. I'll check now. Thanks.

Edit: we'll i did a quick search i typed in Terra Lux tle-300, and nothing but my post showed up. What should i type in the search?

Last edited:

mooman

Newly Enlightened
Got it. Tried it. The focus is really a non issue because of the wall of light produced. I have it installed in a mag 2d running 6 AA nimh batteries. Works great outdoors at night when you need to light up large areas. I need to figure out how to get the module to make better contact with the mag lite body to heatsink better.

robm

Enlightened
Edit: we'll i did a quick search i typed in Terra Lux tle-300, and nothing but my post showed up. What should i type in the search?

Try "terralux tle-300" (no space in terralux), or just tle-300. You can also use the Google search (top right), should get about 12 hits.

I need to figure out how to get the module to make better contact with the mag lite body to heatsink better.

It should make good contact anyway, once installed the heatsink on the back of the drop-in is directly in contact with the end of the body, and the 'flat-bit' inside the head - a bit of thermal paste wouldn't hurt though.

chewy78

Enlightened
Has anyone tried in a 4d maglite with 4 d hi cap nimh cells?