• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom 1d Malkoff Aspheric Mag (pic heavy) SPF

mr.squatch

Enlightened
I have two of these beauties so I am reluctantly selling one off to fund other projects. One of my favorite lites to date.

Specs:
Ledean custom 1d mag host Blue color. Finned, grooved only on knurling, head cut to accept 52mm aspheric lens. Machine work is flawless. Also bored out inside to accept 4aa's

LuxLuthor 4aa (eneloops) --> 1d pack

Malkoff latest gen U bin Seoul Semiconductor P4 LED dropin. Rated at 240 lumens @ 1000ma. 4 aa's kicks it up to the higher 1000ma rating. Monster bright, no joke

52mm Aspheric lens from mellier griot

Puts out a beautiful square beam and throws like a beast. During distance testing for some other lights it showed light on a tower at 1000ft. The square beam is obvious out as far as you can get a target large enough to put it on. Reflector is a smooth stock cut down Maglite supplied by Malkoff with the dropin. I ran these battery packs off the charger with no head to cycle em a couple times and was simply amazed when they went past 3 hours at full strength. They tapered down in output towards the 4 hour mark.

I have two identical lights, one has green glow but is not offered. I'd swap out parts to include that dropin for an additional 10 bucks. It's very bright v10 powder epoxy. Enough light to read from after the light is off.

Price $185 shipped lower 48 states. Paypal preferred. Standard sale rules apply, first i'll take it gets priority etc.

Now for the pics (sorry a couple are blurry, I was in a hurry) I don't know how to take beamshots so I just snapped a couple, they look blurry but I can assure you the beam pattern is a bright clear square. These were also taken during the daylight hours in a bright white/yellow room.

DSCN8646.jpg

DSCN8647.jpg

DSCN8648.jpg

DSCN8663.jpg

DSCN8665.jpg

DSCN8649.jpg

DSCN8651.jpg

DSCN8652.jpg

DSCN8653.jpg

DSCN8654.jpg

DSCN8655.jpg

DSCN8656.jpg

DSCN8657.jpg

DSCN8658.jpg

DSCN8659.jpg

DSCN8661.jpg

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Well!
What a guy. Can't wait to start playing with it.
I got plans for this light, don't think I'll need the extra asphere lens. Think someone would buy it?

mr.squatch

Enlightened
Not sure what you mean. The bezel is machined down inside to fit the lens, so in order to go back to a flat glass you'd have to replace the bezel with a stock one. You mentioned extra aspheric lens, there is only one. Hope there is no confusion, let me know if you have any questions. The aspheric lens/led combo is really the best part of the machine :D

g

mikehill

Enlightened
If you are going back to a flat glass can I have first offers on the asp head ? :wave:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Oh the head is shaved down not the bezel ring's inner lip.....
By extra aspheric I meant I already got 1 aspheric lens here.
All is still good. I am happy:)

Last edited:

mr.squatch

Enlightened
Oh the head is shaved down not the bezel ring's inner lip.....
By extra aspheric I meant I already got 1 aspheric lens here.
All is still good. I am happy:)

I had the option to machine either the head or the bezel. This one is the bezel. It's a lot easier to replace than the head if one wanted to return to stock form. I think I said "head machining" in the original thread but didn't know the choice would be of concern since that's one of the main benefits of the machine. Sorry if I was misleading, not intentional.

g

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Excellent then, my plan to put on a ucl and stainless spiky bezel ring will work fine. I like having the option to swap between throw and regular lens. All I need now is someone to buy the x-tra lens I have here. Sweet.
Thanks for the numerous postings after the sale. Money order will go out @ 10:30 AM!

Last edited:

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
how are you getting 3 hrs at full strength if it's putting 1a to the emitter which is more than 1a pull on 2000ma capacity? am i thinking this right:confused: