Suggestions for gun mounted light.

airtight_python

Newly Enlightened
Hello CPF. First time poster here. Long time lurker. I came here for some experienced opinions and maybe some beamshots. Folks here are right, flashlights are like guns and knives and they can become an addiction.

I'm looking for a powerful flashlight that will mount in 1" scope rings without shimming. I'd like it to have a quality built metal housing and be water proof. The only flashlights I'm aware of that fit this criteria are the Surefire 6P and 9P. I don't want to spend more than $100 for flashlight and lamp.

I'm primarily considering the 9P at the moment as mounting length and weight isn't really an issue. If I purchase the 9P I'll probably opt for a Lumens Factory EO-9 lamp of 380 lumens.

I'll use the light for night time lamping of varmints out to and possibly over 50 yards.

Any opinions and recommendations of flashlights, lamps and batteries is greatly appreciated. If you want you can even point me to the cheapest places for all this stuff!

Thanks to all that respond.
Brandon

airtight_python

Newly Enlightened
It'll be mounted on a pneumatic airgun. No recoil there.

So you believe the stock P90 lamp is sufficient for lamping critters to 50 yards and would I notice considerably more visibility with the EO-9 assembly?

How does visibility compare between equally rated LED vs incandescent lamps?

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
another option would be to go the WF-501B (LED or Xenon) plus mounts plus tapeswitch...Since it is not fro combat purposes you are GTG. Check
dealexteme.com & Kaidomain.com

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Well, DX does have a the whole pack(Light, mount, and tape switch) for $17.28. Check this page for cheap accessories. I'd also add this LED drop-in, and some rechargeable batteries + charger, so you won't have to buy bulbs and batteries.

Not sure how they will hold on a real gun under hard use but should be fine for this task.

50 yards should be easy with both the incan and the LED drop-in.

:welcome: