Storacell
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: SureFire E1B Backup

Default Re: SureFire E1B Backup

That we don't know yet unless you are part of the super secret test team.

All kidding aside - that's a question that will have to be answered when someone gets it in their hands.

My primary dealer that I work with said he's ordering extras if he can get them - he's thinking that the Backup will be a hit.

February is the magic month. Just enough time for me to save up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Federal LG View Post
    Is it correct to presume that it will have more throw than mine SF L1 Cree ?
    Laser Products/SF 6P/3P/9Z (w/LED), SF 6P/G2/Z2 (w/LED), SF 8X/LED, SF E1e/E2e/E1B, SF/Aleph/VG KL4/TLS, TW4, K2-Shorty, Novatac 120P, PentagonLight MOLLE, & SL PT1L Home of the BMX80 LED Assembly

Is it correct to presume that [the E1B] will have more throw than mine SF L1 Cree ?
    You'd have to presume that SureFire would use a different TIR optic than the one being used in the L1/KX1/KX2/X300 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    That we don't know yet unless you are part of the super secret test team.

All kidding aside - that's a question that will have to be answered when someone gets it in their hands.

My primary dealer that I work with said he's ordering extras if he can get them - he's thinking that the Backup will be a hit.

February is the magic month. Just enough time for me to save up for that.
    Thanks for the answer BeastM.

But the waiting is killing me. Damn CPF !

"I LOVE THE SMELL OF LITHIUM BATTERIES IN THE MORNING..." - Kilgore

Is the KX1 really a TIR? Mine's all shiny reflector and a huge pyrex window. I know that the docs say it is, but what really constitutes a TIR? Or am I used to the bug-eyes that the final gen KL1 had?

-Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Size15's View Post
    You'd have to presume that SureFire would use a different TIR optic than the one being used in the L1/KX1/KX2/X300 ?
    Laser Products/SF 6P/3P/9Z (w/LED), SF 6P/G2/Z2 (w/LED), SF 8X/LED, SF E1e/E2e/E1B, SF/Aleph/VG KL4/TLS, TW4, K2-Shorty, Novatac 120P, PentagonLight MOLLE, & SL PT1L Home of the BMX80 LED Assembly

Flashaholic*

Direct link to the photo on the Surefire site still works (for now):

http://www.surefire.com/surefire/content/E1B_large2.jpg

Sorry 15´s... but I don´t understand. (English is not my mother language...)

Is the KX1 really a TIR? Mine's all shiny reflector and a huge pyrex window. I know that the docs say it is, but what really constitutes a TIR? Or am I used to the bug-eyes that the final gen KL1 had?

-Steve
    Yes the KX1 really does feature a TIR optic. It's a different design to previous TIR optics and I can understand how people can confuse it with a reflector. I assure you it is an optic and not a reflector

Sorry 15´s... but I don´t understand. (English is not my mother language...)
    SureFire have stated on their now-removed webpage that the E1B features a TIR optic.
    The bezel is the same size as the L1's, KX1, KX2, X300 bezels so it likely uses the same TIR optic.

The only way to know for certain is to take them apart to find out or have a number of each model to compare beams.

Flashaholic*

I still haven't received my Titan, and SF is about to release another new light!?

Sorry but... How do you know ?
    I'm sorry Federal, I put more detail in my post. To sum up, a solid head like the one on the E1B shouldn't have the same heat sinking problems.
    "Et lux in tenebris lucet"

SureFire have stated on their now-removed webpage that the E1B features a TIR optic.
    The bezel is the same size as the L1's, KX1, KX2, X300 bezels so it likely uses the same TIR optic.

The only way to know for certain is to take them apart to find out or have a number of each model to compare beams.
    Huummm... now I got it.

I HOPE it has more throw than my L1 Cree... hehe.

Flashaholic* light_emitting_dude's Avatar

That sure was a teaser! It will be interesting to see what else SF has in store for us this year.

WOW! 3700 hits in about 24 hours. This thread is on fire
    Last edited by light_emitting_dude; 01-17-2008 at 05:40 PM.
    Once a Marine, Always a Marine. Semper Fi

"the Backup" . . . .

That's a good thing for Law-Enforcement Officers.

That's a bad thing for Plumbers and Proctologists.

BTW, i'm quite amazed this thread has (currently)

3 times as many posts as the "Lumiled Rebel Recall" thread.

-

Well, since it's somewhat disappearing off of Surefire's web servers, I've taken the liberty of archiving the pages in PDF format.

http://www.yeefamily.us/sgyee/cpf/e1b/e1b.pdf
    http://www.yeefamily.us/sgyee/cpf/e1b/e1blineup.pdf

-Steve
    Thanks for providing the pdf's!

Looks like a sweet light! And the pricing's dang good too. Compare to the L1 Cree for example.

It's obvious a lot of thought has gone into the design. That's a great 2-way clip, very unobtrusive, and frankly I've been wanting an SF with bezel-down carry as it makes it less prone to falling out of pocket and also protects the most important part of the light. But everyone gets the option with this clip anyway. Also the single button 2-stage UI is pretty bomb-proof. For the LEOs and undercover policemen that they say this light was designed for, in a stressed situation the light would behave like a single-stage L4 - press for momentary, click for on.

Great design. Ugly, but great functional design =) I'd be in for one.
    EDC: MilkySpit 1000-lumen Tri-MC-E L5
    In the car:
    MillerMods Quad-Cree 2D Mag At home: Mettee Tri-P7
    Missing somewhere =( :
    MilkySpit MC-E 2-stage UltraFire C1 SS 123 Keychain Light

Pardon my crappy photo editing skills, but I think you'll get the idea. Do you know what I really want? The Surefire E1 Digital Ultra...

The only reason a great many American families don’t own an elephant is that they have never been offered an elephant for a dollar down and easy monthly payments.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bower View Post
    Pardon my crappy photo editing skills, but I think you'll get the idea. Do you know what I really want? The Surefire E1 Digital Ultra...

Now that's a hot idea!
    I spend my days in the light thinking about flashlights in the dark

Flashaholic*

BUT, I have two of the new L1's and they have different windows: one is frosted, which gives a wide spill and the other is not, which gives a really long throwing hotspot.

The TIR is there, but there are differences between the generations, I guess..

--dan
    There's more to a light than its output.

CPF Member 13...

No problem. I'm glad that I did archive it. This is what you get now.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmc View Post
    Thanks for providing the pdf's!

Science has yet to create a machine capable of quantifying how much that would rock.
    "Et lux in tenebris lucet"

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeDave View Post
    Direct link to the photo on the Surefire site still works (for now):

http://www.surefire.com/surefire/content/E1B_large2.jpg
    Thanks to all who archived the web pages and for this link that still works. I would have missed it. It seems for now, you can also view the large close-up (without the hand):

http://www.surefire.com/surefire/content/E1B_large.jpg

Banned

Oh man! SF was my first foray into the wide (not so wide at the time.........10+ years ago) world of premium flashlights. Since my last SF, an E2 about 6 years ago, I have not bought a SF light. There are so many others to choose from and since my life didn't literally depend on my torch I felt comfy with other, less expensive brands. Lately they have come out with some nice lights (I want an L1) and now the E1B is here. If it had the same switch as the L1 I'd call it perfect in my book. I do not, however, have a whole lot of faith in SF clickies. I can only hope that they make available a twisty switch like the one on the L1. The E1B is in my mind the most exciting SF in quite some time. It takes my favorite SF to date, the L1, and gives it a lower longer running low and a higher high beam all in a smaller/sexier package with a nicely designed clip and still somehow makes it less expensive. Simple 2-stage low-low/high-high interface and SF quality.................mama I'm coming home

Flashaholic*

Ooo Re: SureFire E1B Backup

THATS BEYOND COOL!
    ampdude

Flashaholic*

Well, since it's somewhat disappearing off of Surefire's web servers, I've taken the liberty of archiving the pages in PDF format.

http://www.yeefamily.us/sgyee/cpf/e1b/e1b.pdf
    http://www.yeefamily.us/sgyee/cpf/e1b/e1blineup.pdf

-Steve
    Thanks man works great. I saved them.
    ampdude

Flashaholic*

meh, after thinking about it i will most likely get one. it is shorter than the L1 and I really like the clip, the higher output sure would be nice too.
    "a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen." -Warren vs District of Columbia, after three women were raped, beaten for 14 hours and police never came after numerous 911 calls were placed

Hmmm, i guess we (I) can be a little critical about stuff....but still, its honest feedback...

whats insane is this thread, what 7 pages in two days?

Crenshaw

Enlightened

Then of course there is the Google cache for anyone who wants to give themselves a closer feeling:
    http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=1&gl=us

I don't know if this will eventually "update" to the dead page eventually or not.

I am guessing Surefire is slightly more expensive than they ought to be at the retail end, or else they wouldn't have what I gather is a policy against dealers selling at discounts. But then it's still possible to look hard enough and find a good deal. You can find a $96 E2E for about $80 on that evil auction website, so maybe a $110 MSRP Surefire will be $90 once the sure-to-come buying frenzy for the E1B settles down.

$90 vs a $50 fenix also doesn't seem too high for US vs. Chinese pricing.

I like having only 2 modes. A lot of those fancy Chinese flashlights are ridiculous. 12 modes is just too damn complicated to click through, although Fenix does also have a good solution with their "turbo" mode system.

I might still prefer the L1. The 2-level button is really neat, vs. the regular clickie cycling of the e1b.

Flashaholic*

The SF E1B clip look like the clip from Mr. Bulk LionHeart.

Quote Originally Posted by light_emitting_dude View Post
    That sure was a teaser! It will be interesting to see what else SF has in store for us this year.

WOW! 3700 hits in about 24 hours. This thread is on fire
    I had a feeling yesterday, that SF put the new light on their site, and later removed it, just to get CPF response! An easy way to get input from the public, and public that are more interested than "regular" people.

This is only my own thoughts, I really dont know why they removed it from their site, maybe I missed it in this thread?

Its just a thought...

(if the output would be like up to 200 lumen )