SureFire E1B Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Hubba-hubba-hubba!!

Two stage clicky!!!! :party:

FEATURES
  • Virtually indestructible, dual-output light emitting diode has no filament to burn out or break; lasts for thousands of hours
  • Total Internal Reflection (TIR) lens creates a flawless, bright beam with plenty of reach and enough surround beam to accommodate peripheral vision
  • Coated Pyrex® window protects the lens and LED and maximizes light transmission
  • Rugged aerospace-grade aluminum body, Mil-Spec Type III hard anodized in black
  • Sleek, "melted" body has no knurling or sharp edges to catch on or wear out clothing
  • O-ring sealed, weatherproof
  • Two-way pocket clip allows light to be carried bezel up or down
  • Two-stage tailcap switch: press for momentary-on at high setting, release and press again (within two seconds) for momentary-on at low setting; click for constant-on at high-setting, click off and on again (within two seconds) for constant-on at low setting
...and it's HA-BK :drool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wicho

Enlightened
Whoa! Melikes! Mewants!

Looks like a great EDC that won't tear up your pockets.

Where's the linky link to more info on it?

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dunno. CPF search finds nothing on this E1B. Google finds nothing.

Maybe it's a Photoshop forgery?

edit: Nevermind. I see greenLED has already found it on Surefire's web site. I guess it must be real.

edit edit: They should have put the clip on the other direction, so you can clip it to your baseball cap. I wonder how it changes modes?

Last edited:

Wicho

Enlightened
Man, that L1 Cree sure cleans up well. Looks like a great alternative for those who want something sleeker and more dressed up.

Me - I definitely want to play with one.

p1fiend

Newly Enlightened
$110:duh2::eek::thumbsdow

This light would be my first Surefire, but not for that price. That light is NOT worth more than $70 tops, and that is stretching it.

There is no reason why it should be that much money.

Except for the fact that people will pay that much.

This stinks. I really like everything about the light. The look, the design, the smoothness, the outputs, the runtime, the clickie, and especially the pocket-clip, but I just can't get over the price.

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
$110:duh2::eek::thumbsdow

This light would be my first Surefire, but not for that price. That light is NOT worth more than $70 tops, and that is stretching it.

There is no reason why it should be that much money.

Except for the fact that people will pay that much.

This stinks. I really like everything about the light. The look, the design, the smoothness, the outputs, the runtime, the clickie, and especially the pocket-clip, but I just can't get over the price.
...aaaand here it goes again... :shakehead

Would you guys give it a rest with the SF price bashing? The light's not even out, you have no clue as to how much it costs to develop, produce, and market that light.

Have you ever heard of a 2 stage clicky, with the addition of momentary on at both levels!!!? :hairpull:

SF lights are what they are, price and all. Don't like it? Buy a Mag or run to DX.

Sorry, guys, but this attitude is beyond ridiculous. :thumbsdow

[/rant]

p1fiend

Newly Enlightened
...aaaand here it goes again... :shakehead

Would you guys give it a rest with the SF price bashing? The light's not even out, you have no clue as to how much it costs to develop, produce, and market that light.

[/rant]

Not really bashing SF, it's a nice light and I give them credit, I like the light a lot.

But I just think this light, and even other lights from other Manufacturers, have been over priced. It just seems that people here are willing to pay lots of $$$ for lights. The average cost of a Cree or similar LED light has sky rocketed over the past year, there's no denying that. Manufacturers raise their prices a little, we pay, they raise them again, we pay, and it just keeps getting higher and higher. Just a bummer:sigh: for those that don't have money to throw at every new light (though it is hard not to: damn you CPF!!!)

Last edited:

rtt

Enlightened
Dunno. CPF search finds nothing on this E1B. Google finds nothing.

edit edit: They should have put the clip on the other direction, so you can clip it to your baseball cap. I wonder how it changes modes?

If you take a close look at the clip design, you can see that it can be used on a cap also. Great clip design that lets you have the light lens up or down:grin2:

bray

Newly Enlightened
personally, i think its a winner besides from having "backup" written on it. but thats just me, not a fan of random words on my lights,, like "strong light" or "backup" haaaa

tussery

Enlightened
Cool to see something like that come out of Surefire. Maybe we will be getting two stage clicky tailcaps for the A2 and Kroma in the future.

Edit: After reading the description of how it works most likely wont get two stage clickies for the A2 or Kroma.

Last edited:

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
personally, i think its a winner besides from having "backup" written on it. but thats just me, not a fan of random words on my lights,, like "strong light" or "backup" haaaa

Like this you mean? :D:D

8e930vk.jpg

thermal guy

Flashaholic
SF charges so much for there lights not because they know people will pay it They simply know that people will pay that much for a great light that you can trust to work for you every time.

greenLED

Flashaholic
p1fiend, sorry if my rant came after your posting - it's not really directed at you, but at the general trend I keep noticing.

I don't think their prices are any higher than any other top quality tool. In that sense, price is not an issue. However, I can't just go out and buy one or two every 3 or 6 months. I've had to save to buy each of the SF's I own. But, I have patience, think it's worthwhile my time and effort to wait while I save enough money to get a good quality tool. People see things differently and have a right to voice their opinions and discontent (regardless of whether I think it gets old or not).

Again, sorry for the rant.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice. :thumbsup:

Wish it was programmed Low->High (could be the perfect around-the-house light) instead of High->Low, but it's pretty obvious who the target market is, and the setting make sense for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.