Imalent
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: SureFire E1B Backup

Default Re: SureFire E1B Backup

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLip View Post
    The direct link i s there, the link from their flashlights page is not.
    Yup. Doesn't appear in LED Flashlight section regardless of which browser I use.

Regards,
    Tempest

It was on the list page last night. SF still has a page on the site as linked several times on this thread. When I can buy it in my local store then I'll want it. It looks like a nice light but I try not to make up my mind on vaporware until I hold it in my hands. Then its pocketware.

My first reaction of this light was "waoow"! cool light!

And I too was surprised with the current price tag! To me SF lights are more appealing than other brands, and Ill pay the price for the light if I really want it.
    The design is a bit different to SF other lights, its not really the design I like so much in SF other lights. I think its good they are releasing lights with different designs! That way they can accommodate to a bigger market, just like the info says!
    The fact that the light lacks knurling can both be good and bad, but for the main purpose I think its better, this light was intended to be a "backup" light. I guess that most of the time this light will be carried in someone pocket. This means that the non knurled body wont tear up the pocket over time, and it wont wear on other stuff that might be in the pocket.

One thing I thought about is the clip If carried bezel up it looks like it could snatch on to the pocket, it might not tear up the pocket though. Just a thought. It looks good nonetheless!

I think this light might be really nice! We will just have to wait until someone gets one in their hands! Like been said before, Its hard and unwise to draw any conclusions about the light by just reading about it and seeing a picture of it.

This is of course my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by nein166 View Post
    It looks like a nice light but I try not to make up my mind on vaporware until I hold it in my hands. Then its pocketware.
    Good attitude

So who out there with machining tools can make this clip for the SF bodies (E1L, E2L, A2, C2, M2 etc.)
    You'd probably want to bend up a long and short.
    I don't see SF offering these as an upgrade. And it doesn't look like it slips in the same. Looks like a ring with tail like NovaTac.

I wonder if its 80 lumens like the G2L's 80 lumens?

I know surefire tends to be conservative with their lumens, but surefire said the G2L had 80 lumens out the door, which was true - for the first minute. After that - it dropped off considerably. Of course, that could have been related to thermal issues/nitrolon.

I think the Backup looks awesome and the price is right.

Personally, my L1 cree suffices for the role the Backup would play for me. When I get my next surefire in the $110 range - I'd rather buy a 6P and Malkoff Drop-in and just have a single stage / 200+ lumens.

Quote Originally Posted by nein166 View Post
    I don't see SF offering these as an upgrade. And it doesn't look like it slips in the same. Looks like a ring with tail like NovaTac.
    It is the same patented attachment point as used by the A2/E2e/M2/L1 etc
    I think it is a possibility that SureFire will at some point offer the two-way pocketclip as an accessory.

Banned

GreenLED.......I apologize if this was covered ( I didn't have time to read 6 pages) but where did you find this on surefires website. I followed your link and all but when I go to the site on my own I cannot find anything on it?
    Last edited by cv3po; 01-17-2008 at 11:51 AM.

Cool!

Price seems reasonably for ďmade in USAĒ, and for whatever its worth, Iím glad Surefire releases lights as slowly as they do. Itís a lot easier on my wallet that way!

I find it interesting that the clip is oriented opposite what nearly everyone else has done. No opinion weather thatís good or bad however.

Enlightened

All I can say about this light is that it looks exactly like what I have been looking for. And, I just went out and bought a P2D

But, I'm not upset about that... I like the P2D for what it is. However, it almost looks like surefire read my "perfect light" thread... (obviously, they've been working on this for a while...).

-one-handed click-based operation of two light levels, high and low. No twisting.

-single CR123 light.

-good tough HA III (whatever you want to call it) finish.

-small, but still thick enough to feel good in the hand (not so narrow that it becomes akward).

-strong glass lens.

-of course, the surefire warranty and obvious excellent fit and finish.

I guess if they say 80 lumens, it's probably what other manufacturers would call 110 thru 150 or so?

I wonder what the throw vs flood is like...

Also, I would like to add that although they have done a two-stage light (multi-level), I would NOT consider it the same as the other stuff out there (there's no strobe, SOS, and there's only two levels). Also, there's NO twisting.

I'd say, as usual, surefire has proven adept at coming up with an excellent ui. You want bright light, you know what to do. You want dim light, you know what to do. And, momentary works with EITHER!!! Forward clickie!!! IMHO, that aspect can't be emphasized enough.

I won't get one right away... but after they work the bugs out and maybe even up the brightness and/or runtime with some new LEDs (thats bound to happen after a while, I'd guess), I will definitely pick one up. In reality, I'd do it now if funds were no object

It is still on their Flashlight Specs page, but the link from there no longer works.

This link works http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/...4511/sesent/00

EDIT: No longer works!
    Last edited by FlashSpyJ; 01-17-2008 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cv3po View Post
    GreenLED.......I apologize if this was covered ( I didn't have time to read 6 pages) but where did you find this on surefires website. I followed your link and all but when I go to the site on my own I cannot find anything on it?
    Yeah, you're right. It was on the main flashlight page yesterday; I clicked on the link there and the resulting link is what I posted.

I see koala's pic and my link still take you to the e1b page. Peruse it while it's still hot!

Got it thank you

dupe sorry
    Last edited by yaesumofo; 01-17-2008 at 02:41 PM.
    Support your local flashlight builder.
    Buy American. Stop crying and start Buying.
    Flashlights are tools. Period.

Default Re: Surefire E1B Backup

Apparently the "backup" was premiered on the web site a little prematurely.
    I suspect this was intended to be unveiled at the shot show.
    And now it appears to be completely gone.

It will be back. One can hope anyway.
    It really looks like a cool little number.
    Yaesumofo

According to a Surefire rep this light was not supposed to be on Surefire's website yet. They said it should be available for pre-order on Feb 1st. No idea how long between pre-order and delivery though. Sweet light, you can bet my name will be on the list.
    Last edited by Daylo; 01-17-2008 at 02:57 PM.

According to a Surefire rep this light was not supposed to be on Surefire's website yet. They said it should be available for pre-order on Feb 1st. No idea how long between pre-order and delivery though. Sweet light, you can bet my name will be on the list.

Sorry for the duplicates, my connection flaked out
    Last edited by Daylo; 01-17-2008 at 02:56 PM.

Well, since it's somewhat disappearing off of Surefire's web servers, I've taken the liberty of archiving the pages in PDF format.

http://www.yeefamily.us/sgyee/cpf/e1b/e1b.pdf
    http://www.yeefamily.us/sgyee/cpf/e1b/e1blineup.pdf

-Steve
    Laser Products/SF 6P/3P/9Z (w/LED), SF 6P/G2/Z2 (w/LED), SF 8X/LED, SF E1e/E2e/E1B, SF/Aleph/VG KL4/TLS, TW4, K2-Shorty, Novatac 120P, PentagonLight MOLLE, & SL PT1L Home of the BMX80 LED Assembly

You guys are repeating yourselves or what?
    There is a type of perfection that transcends the quest for lumens. Buying a $250 1-cell light for "lum factor" is like buying a $250 single malt Scotch for the alcohol content.
    - paulr

It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
    My shoes are too tight. But it doesn't matter, because I have forgotten how to dance.

Not I.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kiessling View Post
    You guys are repeating yourselves or what?
    Laser Products/SF 6P/3P/9Z (w/LED), SF 6P/G2/Z2 (w/LED), SF 8X/LED, SF E1e/E2e/E1B, SF/Aleph/VG KL4/TLS, TW4, K2-Shorty, Novatac 120P, PentagonLight MOLLE, & SL PT1L Home of the BMX80 LED Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by Fooboy View Post
    I wonder if its 80 lumens like the G2L's 80 lumens?
    Since it's being built from the ground up as an LED light, I'd say no. The solid head will have better heat sinking properties.
    Last edited by KeyGrip; 01-17-2008 at 06:01 PM.
    "Et lux in tenebris lucet"

Quote Originally Posted by koala View Post
    +2

How would you like your Hi-Fi/TV speakers come up at MAX VOLUME every time you turn it on? How about your ipod headphones? High first is dumb.

How about this...
    http://i4.tinypic.com/80pieit.jpg
    High first makes perfect sense to those of use who mainly use our lights in partially illuminated settings. Low first settings become a nuisance when they are only used a small percentage of the time and must be cycled through before getting to the setting of the light I need to use. I only use low on the rare happenstance that I am in a totally dark area and don't want to blow-out my nightvision.

Every single light doesn't need to be the same or have the same UI, variety is good for the user and the overall hobby.
    Last edited by spoonrobot; 01-17-2008 at 02:42 PM.

This is why I personally like the two stage switches. Press soft for low. Press hard for high. No programming needed, and I'm able to make stuff like a TW4 clone work with a really good low and a wall of light high with zero programming needed.

I think though that SureFire's competing against HDS and Novatac on this one. So having some sort of UI is needed here.

-Steve

Default Re: Surefire E1B Backup

First of all this is way off topic BUT. The P60L EAS specifically designed for the G2 and 6P.
    Both of those lights can easily handle the "80 Lumen" the P60L puts out.
    The Incandescent globes designed for both of these lights get somewhat warmer than the P60L. There are much more powerful Drop in units available which perform perfectly in both of these lights.
    The limiting factors within the P60L are all it's own.
    Yaesumofo

Quote Originally Posted by KeyGrip View Post
    Probably not. The 6P and G2 weren't designed with the P60L in mind, so there were multiple restraints on what that drop in could do. This looks to be a new light, designed from the ground up around an emitter, and have no doubt that the light will be able to hold it's output for longer than the G2L. For reference, I cite the new E2L's runtime curve, or lack thereof.

Beast master, your PDF files do not open, it says that the file is not a supported format or the data is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightingguy321 View Post
    Beast master, your PDF files do not open, it says that the file is not a supported format or the data is broken.
    both work OK for me

Quote Originally Posted by KeyGrip View Post
    No
    Sorry but... How do you know ?

Is it correct to presume that it will have more throw than mine SF L1 Cree ?

"I LOVE THE SMELL OF LITHIUM BATTERIES IN THE MORNING..." - Kilgore

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast