ArmyTek
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: * P60 Flashlight List {host}

Default Re: * P60 Flashlight List {host}

+

mosbydaw, there are lots of P60s to choose from on the drop-in list.
    ~ It really comes down to your voltage used and how much you $pend. (from Malkoff to budget drop-in)

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=193992

enLIGHTenment, I don't think thats a P60 (drop-in) light. I actually called Pelican about some lights and drop-in (modules) lamps ect..,
    they had no idea what I was talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by orbital View Post
    enLIGHTenment, I don't think thats a P60 (drop-in) light. I actually called Pelican about some lights and drop-in (modules) lamps ect.., they had no idea what I was talking about...
    I don't think any of the M6 variants were designed as P60 lights, but the interior of the 2320 (xenon) looks suspiciously like a P60 based light. See: http://dmcleish.com/CPF/Pelican-M6/index.html

The 2390 (3W Luxeon version) is a design derivative of the 2320 but I haven't been able to find any information on how much Pelican changed the interior.

Shouldn't this discussion thread be a sticky? Seems worthwhile.

How about posting a sticky for discussions of interest?

enLIGHTenment,
    I don't have the hard anodized version (only the black Pelican M6). I just tried a Malkoff M60L and it would not work. Looks like the spring is too short to make contact with the battery tops. Not sure if the brass needs to make contact with the flashlight body to complete the circuit because I didn't want to mess up my Malkoff by extending the spring .

Just bought a Deal Extreme 1447 drop-in module for it. A pretty nice upgrade for $14.

Quote Originally Posted by enLIGHTenment View Post
    I don't think any of the M6 variants were designed as P60 lights, but the interior of the 2320 (xenon) looks suspiciously like a P60 based light. See: http://dmcleish.com/CPF/Pelican-M6/index.html

The 2390 (3W Luxeon version) is a design derivative of the 2320 but I haven't been able to find any information on how much Pelican changed the interior.

Quote Originally Posted by HunkaBurninLove View Post
    enLIGHTenment,
    I don't have the hard anodized version (only the black Pelican M6). I just tried a Malkoff M60L and it would not work.
    Thanks for that. Looks like the M6 should be removed from the hosts list.

On a related note, has anyone had any luck using an M60 in Pila's current (not WolfEyes-rebadge) GL2 or other Pila lights?

enLIGHTenment,
    I don't have the hard anodized version (only the black Pelican M6). I just tried a Malkoff M60L and it would not work. Looks like the spring is too short to make contact with the battery tops. Not sure if the brass needs to make contact with the flashlight body to complete the circuit because I didn't want to mess up my Malkoff by extending the spring .

Just bought a Deal Extreme 1447 drop-in module for it. A pretty nice upgrade for $14.
    H/B/L, If the DX 1447 drop-in works in your light,...thats a good sign, you should be able to use almost every other drop-in.
    Malkoff has a Spring Washer that is required for some lights, wonder of that would be the fix for your light,...to use your M60L.

By the way, is your Pelican a 2320 M6?

It's the older Pelican M6 LED version (not the xenon version nor the hard anodize version). I got the Malkoff via the B/S/T here so I didn't have the option to get the spring. I do have some springs from a few miscellaneous DX drop-ins and may try that.

Someone mentioned on another thread that the DX 11836 worked in
    his Pelican M6.

Sorry that I mix up the xenon and LED version of the Pelican M6 .

EDIT: come to think of it, I do have the xenon 2320 version of the light and haven't tried replacing that reflector. To clarify, the DX 1447 works in my LED Pelican and the xenon Pelican is untested.
    Last edited by HunkaBurninLove; 06-09-2008 at 07:47 PM.

I do not have a P60 but I do have a DX LED drop in and it fits without the outer spring. It is like 1-2mm long so the bezel does not screw down 100% but it is pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by harddrive View Post
    Has anyone used a Blackhawk Falcata as a P60 host? I remember reading somewhere that you could remove the reflector from inside the head and then use P60 lamps.

Can anyone confirm this?
    Has me and you wants to accompany, in darkness.
    Buying Broken Flashlights and flashlight parts.

Quote Originally Posted by yekim View Post
    I do not have a P60 but I do have a DX LED drop in and it fits without the outer spring. It is like 1-2mm long so the bezel does not screw down 100% but it is pretty close.
    +

I'll take that as a new light to add to the list, the Blackhawk Falcata.

..thanks!

Flashaholic*

I just received the DealExtreme 11836 R2 Drop-in.

IT fit my Pelican M6 LED (1 watt newer non focusing design) like it was made for it.

If I have any problems down the road I will report on it.

wwglen

Darn.....I also just received the Deal Extreme 11836 R2 drop-in but for me, it didn't fit my Pelican M6 LED. My Deal Extreme 1447 works fine, but not the 11836 . I also need to mention that my Pelican did have some problems when I first bought it (intermittently would not light, so I sent it back and it works a little better now).

Then I tried the 11836 R2 in my Pelican 2320 xenon, and that did not work. So I don't know if I have to hand modify (loosen the pill, file down the solder blob on the pill, etc) the drop-in or not.

Quote Originally Posted by wwglen View Post
    I just received the DealExtreme 11836 R2 Drop-in.

IT fit my Pelican M6 LED (1 watt newer non focusing design) like it was made for it.

If I have any problems down the road I will report on it.

wwglen

Flashaholic*

Darn.....I also just received the Deal Extreme 11836 R2 drop-in but for me, it didn't fit my Pelican M6 LED. My Deal Extreme 1447 works fine, but not the 11836 . I also need to mention that my Pelican did have some problems when I first bought it (intermittently would not light, so I sent it back and it works a little better now).

Then I tried the 11836 R2 in my Pelican 2320 xenon, and that did not work. So I don't know if I have to hand modify (loosen the pill, file down the solder blob on the pill, etc) the drop-in or not.
    At first it didn't seem to fit.

Took off the head and dropped it into the body. It was like a press fit but after pushing it down it lit.

I then removed the module, replaced the head with the head ALMOST totally unscrewed.

Place the module in the head and screwed the lens back in place.

After screwing the head down snug the module worked like a champ.

If I try to screw the lens down AFTER the head is tight the lens will not go on and the module doesn't work.

Hope this helps you.

wwglen

Default Best p60 host for around $30?

I am looking for a p60 host. It needs to be waterproof, be able to run on an 18650 and around $30. Heres a few I have been looking at:

Romisen RC-M4
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7934

Ultrafire C1
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14027

Ultrafire WF-502B
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3371

TrustFire T1
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10659

KD Tough Tactic (possibly the same as the above T1)
    http://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/Produ...px?TranID=4896

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Default Re: Best p60 host for around $30?

I think you can pick up a Solarforce L2 for about $15 or so. It's not a Surefire, but it's a decent 6P clone.
    CLICK_HERE to get your hands on some serious Surefire *BLING*

Where can you get it for $15? On ebay they go for over $30. Also, It doesn't look like this light can take a 18650.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by underconstruction View Post
    Where can you get it for $15? On ebay they go for over $30. Also, It doesn't look like this light can take a 18650.
    Here's a link to the Spiderfire for under $15 (which is the same as the solarforce L2):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=014

They will not fit a 18650 but a 17670 will fit.

As for a cheap P60 host that will fit 18650, I like the XTAR for $25:

http://www.qualitychinagoods.com/xta...1a1d7296843fe8

Super Moderator

There was no need for a new thread for this. I'm merging it with the main existing one.
    Resistance is futile...

Flashaholic*

DELETED
    Last edited by big beam; 06-29-2008 at 06:34 AM.

Flashaholic*

I'd go with the romisen.Good price,build quality and you can get 5 switches from DX for 2 bucks(sku # 5602)If the driver/led goes bad you can replace it if the switch goes bad you have spares.The black romisen has a slightly larger I.D. tube than the grey one.The grey one I have JUST fits a AW protected 18650.
    DON

I plan on switching out the led anyway so I am thinking that the Romisen RX-A would be the cheapest. I just hope it is the same body as the rc-m4, so that it will fit an 18650.

Flashaholic*

Are there any "AA" lights that will take the drop-ins?

I would like a 3-4 AA light.

wwglen

Anyone have any experience using an M60 (or any other 3rd party dropin) with Plia's GL2? How well does the GL2 tolerate non-Pila P60 dropins?

+

Updates in place

Enlightened

Does anyone know of a headlamp that is a P60 host?

I have ordered a Malkoff P60 flood, and I think it would be great to use it hands free on the trail.

Righty

Flashaholic*

Just wanted to update a bit - my Deal Extreme sku 6090 Cree drop-in works passably in my older model Pelican 2320 (older, in that it has the screw-in bulb base and separate reflector). However, I'm getting intermittent problems - it will light perfectly several times in a row, then nothing for a few click cycles...then if I loosen the tailcap and retighten, it's fine. So, not completely reliable, and I'm not sure what to look at to try to fix it - stretch the center spring, get rid of the outer spring, fix the solder blob?

Anyway, the module fits.

As for the Pelican 3320, the bulb/reflector module has a smaller diameter, and the DX6090 won't fit. I would love to have a similar unit to fit the 3320, because I like carrying that one in a coat pocket better than the 2320.

Dave
    He's the kind of a guy who lights up a room just by flicking a switch.
    -- Anonymous

Default P60 flashlight host

I browsed the list of p60 flashlight hosts and am wondering which host is mostly recommended?

Thanks.

Default Re: P60 flashlight host

I like my Dereelight CL1H lights, and my Surefire 6P. The Surefire C2/C3 looks like it would be a sweet P60 host as well.

For me it seems like the P60 drop-ins I have make more contact with my Dereelight CL1H for heat sinking than they do in my SF 6P.
    Facebook: Wade Fulp - Follow me on Twitter! @flashlightguy and my main feed @WadeFulp Google+ PROFILE

The 6P would have to be at the very top of that list. There is also a plethora of generic hosts on sites like DX. What's your budget? Single mode only, or multiple modes?

Whats your budget?
    What kind of cells are you planning on using?
    Any switch-type preferences?
    CLICK HERE for my flashlight reviews.
    PAUL KIM... AN INDUSTRY GENIUS

If you're in the $50 range, the 6P or one of its variants is the way to go. If you can squeeze out some extra dough to the $100 range, the C2/C3-HA's are hard to beat as far as build quality.
    CLICK_HERE to get your hands on some serious Surefire *BLING*