• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Aleph-McClicky Mule and rechargeables

Tim W

Enlightened
Does anyone use AW's rechargeable 123's with this latest Mule?

I don't want to order any if they wont fit inside easily. I have a couple of his 17670's for comparison, and they are just a bit too big. I could make them go, but they'd never come back out.

So far, I absolutely love this little beast.:twothumbs

:thinking:Can someone confirm if I understand the math correctly for run-times: If I'm using a primary cr123 (~1300 mah) then with the middle level I should see about 7 hours of regulated output (1300/180 = 7.2)? Or about 4 hours from AW's 750 mah r123?

Thanks,
Tim

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use AW R123's in mine and they fit fine. Also use blue wrapped ones from lighthound, no problem.

schiesz

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Aleph-Mcclusky Mule and rechargeables

It depends upon which Light engine you have installed.
Best to check with the maker of the Light engine if the installed LE will operate with more than 3 volts.
Yaesumofo

da.gee

Enlightened
The recent ones with LEs Don provided used the Nexgen 400ma converter. IIRC although you can use 3.7 rechargeables the LED will be in direct drive pushing the LED above the specified 400ma design of the board. Once the battery discharges some the light will be in regulation. I don't know if there is a downside to doing this. It should be brighter before it drops into regulation. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. FWIW I have only used primaries in mine.

Praxis

Enlightened
I have a NG500 P4 LE from the Shoppe in my AMC that runs great on R123s. Seems a little dim compared to one of my other P4 LEs though. Anyone know if this has something to do with the NG500 board?

Sorry if this is taking the post too far off topic.