Leatherman Universal Tool Adapter

cougar_67

Newly Enlightened
Your thoughts? Does anyone here use this?

The one thing most multi-tools lack that I could really use is a nut driver. I often need 1/4", 5/16", and 3/8" sockets but have yet to find a
small easily carried tool to drive them.

How about a nice review by someone that has used this puppy?

thanks
steve

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Behold!

1060.gif

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
LM now affers a $12 Bit Extender that fits in the flat screwdriver bit holder in the newer LM tools. it gives a longer reach and holds standard 1/4" bits. I got one free when they were first being developed and they are a great addition.

cougar_67

Newly Enlightened
LM now affers a $12 Bit Extender that fits in the flat screwdriver bit holder in the newer LM tools. it gives a longer reach and holds standard 1/4" bits. I got one free when they were first being developed and they are a great addition.

That's perfect! It'll do the job nicely, and it's a heck of a lot smaller than the "universal adapter".

thanks
Steve

prasinos

Newly Enlightened
I don't see the point of this new "bit extender".
I think that a simple wrench with a bit driver at both ends, like the one included in the "plus" version of the Victorinox swisstool is much more useful.

I actually carry a similar wrench that I bought at a local hardware store for 7 euro. I like it a lot because it is coated with rubber so the grip is comfortable and secure.
(it is similar to http://www.ikaswebshop.com/howtowrdbise.html )

For the record, I had bought the Leatherman universal tool adapter. I found it completely useless as it didn't attach so securely to my Leatherman (new) wave.
I ended up giving it to a friend (for his collection, he didn't actually use it) and gone back to carrying my simple wrench.