My latest work "The Quest"

SAR

Newly Enlightened
Like the title says it was a quest, so it will be the name of the design. I had some help in this first one, a very cool old school maker from the golden age looking over my shoulder the whole way. John Leblanc graciously had me into his home and shop this last week for 4 days, in what would become the the last time a maker would ever be welcome to learn his ways of building knives. He told me it was a good note to leave on, this knife has a rich history out the door and will be cherished by me until its passed onto my son.

This is my design and needs a few changes but overall I am very happy with the out come for a prototype. I have my own Pana-mill coming so I will be doing more of this style in the future. I really like the lock-back I think it makes a kick *** folder that is rich in nostalgia, taking me back to the days when our fathers and grandfathers carried them with pride.

Feedback is welcome please remember its the first one and I understand it is not perfect like the pin showing on the lock-bar oh well i will learn.

Anyhow onto the "Quest"

CPM 154 blade 3 1/4" a modified wharncliff I think?
8" open 4 3/4" closed
416 SS inter-frame handle with Ironwood inlays
Hand satin finished blade and mirror polished handle ( I plan to change the finish to a all over satin unless engraving is going to happen, also a lanyard hole will be added.)

Thank
Spencer

dsc1047uo3.jpg

dsc1048ta8.jpg

dsc1049ut7.jpg

dsc1050xo6.jpg

dsc1052hi4.jpg

dsc1058xq7.jpg

dsc1078pm8.jpg

dsc1024cy5.jpg

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spencer,

Taht is great looking! I really like the design, and what a great first. Wow!:thumbsup:

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I have to say the photo of yourself is actually pretty classic as you kind of have that look of a knife maker....you know the dusty shop....tools in the background....old worn work shirt....and the cut up fingers with band aids is funny in a nice kind of way. It just hit me in a funny way like one of those old school masters who sticks to the traditional ways.

I like the design and clean lines of the knife by the way and thanks for sharing.

fireblast713

Newly Enlightened
That's some beautiful work there. I'm personally more of a liner lock/stud for easier 1 hand opening, but you can't beat the strength of a lockback lock. And it does take you back to those "good ole days"

Sub-versive

Newly Enlightened
Beautiful knife! Reminds me of one given to me years ago, then later stolen, dirty rotten mf'r. Sorry I digress..

Spencer I am interested in purchasing one of those with a full mirror polish. When will you have them for sale and what will be the price for such wonderful work of art?

clint999

Banned
I have to say the photo of yourself is actually pretty classic as you kind of have that look of a knife maker....you know the dusty shop....tools in the background....old worn work shirt....and the cut up fingers with band aids is funny in a nice kind of way. It just hit me in a funny way like one of those old school masters who sticks to the traditional ways.

I like the design and clean lines of the knife by the way and thanks for sharing.