Need help deciding on amber strobes.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for some amber strobes for my truck. Either strobe kits for my tail/headligts or dash/window lights. Any suggestions or information?

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you willing to add anything outside the vehicle? There are LED strobes that're very small and discrete, 2.5" by 1.25" or so, and still very bright. If so, that'll open lots of options. Peterson Manufacturing makes some good ones, along with a wide range of other high quality automotive lighting products in both LED and incan.

:buddies:

Check out some of the offerings on www.sirennet.com. They seem to have a good selection of emergency vehicle equipment. I was pricing some Whelen LIN3s and a xenon strobe kit for my Jeep. They had the best prices that I could find among other vehicle outfitters.

Are you concerned about keeping a stock look? There are quite a few options, flush mounting in the body/bumper, suction cups on glass, magnets, angle brackets...

kawgomoo

Newly Enlightened
if you have room run the under cover police strobes. you need to drill a 1" hole in each headlight/taillight to mount them. the best price i have found is about 200 bucks for a 4 head controller, and i think it comes with 2 heads. might be all 4 heads though... has all the shielded cabling and all that. if you are interested email me at [email protected] or kawgomoo on aim and i will find the link for you. i dont have it at the moment because its on my other computer.

no i dont sell these, i just think strobes are great so i sourced them and this is what i came up with. as i recall whelen are pretty pricey.

Eye of Unk

Newly Enlightened
My 2002 Silverado HD 3500 has a 6 bulb (I'm only using 4) Tomar unit in the front with amber double flash bulbs mounted at the outer corner of the headlight housing so its aimed for maximum visibility at both front and side front views,the headlight housings are APC projectors and I burred out about a 1" hole and siliconed the rubber grommet bulb assembly in, its very concealed looking and another pair is mounted in the fog lights, they flash an alternate X pattern like a pace car. The rear has two sets of two bulb units also made by Tomar, two are in the yellow lens part of the taillights and the other two are mounted in a retrofitted small oval fog lights under the rear bumper.I manage a fleet of concrete mixers so my truck doubles as a service truck. I went with Tomar because they are reliable and reportedly brighter.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
thank you all for your help. i love learning about all this stuff. i will look at everything you guys said and make some decisions