Upgrading 1st Gen Raw NS

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a RAW Ns 1st gen and was wondering if I can just get a Cree Raw NS head to screw in? The old head was dropped a few times too and shows some wear :)

I stopped buying custom lights because a lack of warranty on them, but the Raw Ns just refuses to quit its EDC keychain spot because its small bright and beautiful. No strobe, sos, twist and untwist action. Just simple..twist for low, twist more for high

I was also wondering..

Should I not run the batteries all the way down correct or does the light automatically shutdown to protect the battery?

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes you can , the Cree head is a bit longer to allow the deep reflector to fit , but you can use it in an old battery tube. If you are the modder type you can upgrade to Seoul and get a spare body-head from Rob, but if you want Cree you best bet is to buy a new light...

If your batteries are AW protected ( the black ones with the silver sticker) they will shut down when they reach a certain voltage, but to be on the safe side recharge has soon has the light starts to dim. The NS variety uses an unprotected battery and you must be more careful. Orbs are pretty much direct drive and have no protection to the cell whatsoever, the circuitry is composed of the simple dual stage switch and thats it, unless im mistaken... Maybe Rob can shed some more light....

Last edited: