NiteCore Defender Infinity measurements

Khaytsus

Enlightened
Not that I have any special methods, but I've had a few folks ask me about measurements on the NiteCore DI. I've had the light about a week, and I'm finally remembering to take some, so here goes!

Not sure I'm real consistent on how I'm stating things, but hopefully it makes sense.

Tailcap: 14mm ID, 17.2mm OD, 8.9mm tall, 1.35mm thick

ID = Button, OD = Widest point, Tall = Top to bottom of whole button, Thick = Thickness of base (inside flashlight)

ORing: 18.41mm OD. 16.85 ID, 1.56mm thick

Light: 96.22mm (Low) 96mm (High) length, 20.30mm (main body) 21.69 ('rings') wide

By Low and High above, that's when the light is on a reliable Low (no 'flickering' between High and low) and High is tightened down. Main body is the main part of the body, the 'rings' are the two anti-roll rings at their widest point.

For comparison, and some people might find this interesting considering we're replacing the orings with that of a Fenix P2D oring..

Fenix oring: 18.4mm OD, 16.86mm ID, 1.54mm thick

So that tells me that the material of the orings more than the size are what replacing helps, they're virtually identical, and considering the way I'm measuring things, I bet they're exactly the same in reality.

Green DX GITD Tailcap:

Green GITD: 14.0 ID, 17.36 OD, 8.55mm tall, 1.36mm thick

As some have noticed, more touchy to turn on, but it's .35mm shorter. I have found that carefully sanding the GITD tailcap's peg down so you can't see it at all anymore makes it useful, you actually have to press (a little) to activate.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
For comparison, and some people might find this interesting considering we're replacing the orings with that of a Fenix P2D oring..

Fenix oring: 18.4mm OD, 16.86mm ID, 1.54mm thick

So that tells me that the material of the orings more than the size are what replacing helps, they're virtually identical, and considering the way I'm measuring things, I bet they're exactly the same in reality.

I believe you are right. I am one of those who used a P2D o-ring and touching the parts I could notice that the original NDI o-ring seemed to be rather sticky, a totally different compound from the usual black ones.