Top 10 manufacturers of LED flashlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

easonwang

Newly Enlightened
Could someone tells me the top 10 manufacturers of LED flashlight in the world?

CandleFranky

Enlightened
1 - Fenix :twothumbs
2 - LumaPower
? Inova
? DereeLight :twothumbs
? JETBeam
? UltraFire
? Tiablo
? Wolf Eyes
? LiteFlux

LightInTheWallet

Newly Enlightened
By manufacturer do you mean "place of manufacture" or do you mean "brand name'? I think your question is fairly vague. I am certain many brands have the same place of manufacture, they just have minor tooling/ circuit differences. Top 10 in quality, price, sales volume, reliability, ETC. What is the question again?

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quantity:
Walmart sells more Dorcy AAAs in a week than all Fenix production in a year. That is just 1 model. And one retailer. (They make most of the Craftsman lights sold at Sears)

Quality:
Arc, Peak, Surefire, Novatec, Elektrolumens, TnC....

Please note Fenix, LumaPower, DereeLight, JETBeam, Tiablo, Wolf Eyes, LiteFlux are medium quality low volume producers with production runs of a thousand or 2.
Favourlight has minimum order quantity of 10,000. They build 1/2 of Nuwai's lights and the Sams Club Element. But most people never heard of them because their lights are not sold under the Favourlight name.
Hint: If you cannot find at least 1 model of a manufacturer's light at a local brick and mortar store that manufacturer is not among the top 10 in terms of quantity.
Fenix-store can't compete with Walmart, let alone Walmart & Target & Lowes & Home Depot &..... Dorcy & Mag sell in all of them.

As to the top quality producers, most of us can't afford them so do not follow them much. Also they do not come out with a new model every month so there are fewer threads about them.

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try searching alibaba.com for this information. You should be able to find something there.

Is this a homework assignment?

ag94whoop

Newly Enlightened
if you are talking pure flashlight volume, Brinkmann is a major player as well

and they are releasing a bunch of new higher quality products this year

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
That list contains name brandings of lights produced by one of several Chinese manufacturers in either China, or Taiwan.

Ducati

Newly Enlightened
Please note Fenix, LumaPower, DereeLight, JETBeam, Tiablo, Wolf Eyes, LiteFlux are medium quality low volume producers with production runs of a thousand or 2.
medium quality? what's high quality?

violatorjf

Newly Enlightened
In terms of quality or quantity? Maglight had better be in that list somewhere, because I'm willing to bet lunch that they are the single largest seller of LED lights.

:thinking: Good question...but it wasn't too long ago that they actually started producing the LED versions, was it? I would definitely bet my lunch about incans.

ag94whoop

Newly Enlightened
Mag deserves to be on the list without a doubt

but not sure if they are largest in LED yet...

there are some big players in LEDs
Dorcy, Garrity, Brinkmann, Coleman, Energizer, etc

then you have companies like Surefire and Streamlight who make a lot as well and are top notch as companies

in the end, there are a lot of larger companies who make some very good products, and then there are a ton of private labelers selling DI product, some of which is quite good as well

dcaulfield

Newly Enlightened
I'm still kind of new to this. I'd like to see them ranked in terms of quality ... not really concerned with quantity. I'd really appreciate your opinions on this.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
.. I'd like to see them ranked in terms of quality ....
Quality is tricky as it's both subjective (to a degree) and a cost driver so you'd get a lot of real high end makers on top.

If you tried to rank car makes in terms of quality, the top names would be something like McClaren, Bugatti, Rolls, Bentley, Aston-Martin, Lambourghini, Ferrari, and so on. Not very helpful if you're looking for a Toyota or perhaps even a Porsche...

It's the same to some degree with lights with a number of very refined custom makers on top.

Last edited:

dcaulfield

Newly Enlightened
I guess then to better refine this query
Best quality that fits within these limits top 10 manufacturers that produce within:
1. $300 and under price range
2. high lumens -190+
3. solid durabilty

easonwang

Newly Enlightened
I would like to ask the rankings in terms of quantity. Thanks.

In terms of quality or quantity? Maglight had better be in that list somewhere, because I'm willing to bet lunch that they are the single largest seller of LED lights.

Last edited:

easonwang

Newly Enlightened
I would like to know both "place of manufature" and "brand name" in terms of sales volume. Thanks.

By manufacturer do you mean "place of manufacture" or do you mean "brand name'? I think your question is fairly vague. I am certain many brands have the same place of manufacture, they just have minor tooling/ circuit differences. Top 10 in quality, price, sales volume, reliability, ETC. What is the question again?

Status
Not open for further replies.