Color matching clicky for C2 in HA?

jugg2

Enlightened
That is the only one that I know of, except they also have a scalloped version. Of course that doesn't mean another one doesn't exist, but I haven't seen it. Why don't you want the rubber on the SureFire tailcap?

const451

Newly Enlightened
I have been searching all over the CPF but, same as you, Leef is the only one I know. I like it and it has got good feedbacks but it does not color match Surefire HA.

Rubber boot on Surefire tailcap - I am afraid I will damage it. Also the aesthetic reason - I just do not like it. If I do not find anything else I will prefer to get Leef over Z48.

Thanks for the reply. I will keep searching for now.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new Leef tailcaps are supposed to be darker from what I understand. Lighthound is out of stock of them at the moment until new ones arrive in. I would wait for one of those if I were you. I'm probably going to pick up a couple.

jugg2

Enlightened
I'm about to begin my own SureFire/Leef lego. I like my lights all black, so I'm going with the Z49. The rubber does look a little odd, but as long as it works.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like you want the Z58.

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main...r/289/prrfnbr/24373/Click-On-Lock-out-Tailcap

Despite the rubber end, I've got to throw out props for the Z48. Rubber shroud protects the button so you don't have to lock it out, allows for tailstanding, protects from drops, etc. Only reason I recommend it is because I have the black one on a black C2 and I love it. (The black one is the Z49). It's my winter-coat EDC. Something Size15's has mentioned is that the Z58/Z59 have different innards than the Z48/Z49. The latter with the rubber shroud are supposedly made to the military standards of the ones that are on the weaponlights and the Z58/Z59 are a newer design which some people have had problems with. The 6PD has the newer clickie and it's one of the ones that have been giving people problems. Just throwing that out there. I have had ZERO problems with my Z49.

013008_12281.jpg

I have a black O-ring between the body and tailcap just for the heck of it.

Last edited:

const451

Newly Enlightened
sween1911 - thanks for the info on Z48/Z49 vs. Z58/Z59 - I'll remember not to ever buy Z58. I do want the tailcap that tailstands but I really have the aversion for the rubber on Z48. I'll wait untill the Leef will have the darker tailcap if I do not find anything else.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whatever you do, DO NOT buy a Z58/Z59, it is a horribly designed switch with a too thin spring and no tail stand capability. And most importantly, it's not reliable. The Z48/Z49 switches are excellent. Leef's clicky will be great too, as long as he can iron out the anodizing problems with this run. It sounds like he will.

Last edited:

const451

Newly Enlightened
Now since two people told me I will definitely remember not to buy Z58/Z59... I should start making notes on what's good & bad & compatible & incompatible.

RPM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ran some of these a while back... I have a new run out for plating now.
I'll have black and natural hard anodize. They should be ready after The Shot show. Color matching anodize is always hit and miss.. the last batch came out pretty nice. These use the McClickie switch and will tail stand. I can drop you a PM when they're done. These may also find their way to LightHound for sale.

IMG_4325.jpg

Some had three trit slots like this.
IMG_4308_2.jpg

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new Leef tailcaps are supposed to be darker from what I understand. Lighthound is out of stock of them at the moment until new ones arrive in. I would wait for one of those if I were you. I'm probably going to pick up a couple.
What's the matter with Lighthound these days?? They used to be the top light supplier for CPF, but now they are out of everything. No more American made lights, no more nice knives (only folders), no Orb, no custom lights. It's all about the Fenix these days...

c0t0d0s0

Enlightened
Whatever you do, DO NOT buy a Z58/Z59, it is a horribly designed switch with a too thin spring and no tail stand capability. And most importantly, it's not reliable. The Z48/Z49 switches are excellent. Leef's clicky will be great too, as long as he can iron out the anodizing problems with this run. It sounds like he will.

I had both Z48 and Z58.

The Z58 not a terribly designed switch, even though it does have reliability problem (which can be fixed easily by taking it apart and lubing the internals). Thinner spring is not a problem - I did not find any difference in internal resistance between Z48 and Z48. Its size is perfect for a small light such as C2. Personally, I find Z48 too bulky for it.

The Z48, however, is built like a tank. Use it if you don't care about the size, weight, if limited tailstand ability is important to you, or if you simply don't feel like taking the thing apart to lube it.

LeefClicky is a well made product, tailstands really nicely, however lockout capability is one thing it lacks.

I tried all 3 on my 2x18500 LeefLego driving P91. Currently using the Z58 purely because of size/weight considerations.

const451

Newly Enlightened
Leef is back in stock at Lighthound but still has the same note that the color does not match the Surefire :thumbsdow

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Leef is back in stock at Lighthound but still has the same note that the color does not match the Surefire :thumbsdow

Hopefully that is a mistake and they just still haven't updated the site. Email Lighthound and see what they say.

I don't think you're going to get a perfect match no matter what you buy, Sure-Fire or otherwise. But from what I understand Leef said he wants to do a better job with the anodizing on these switches. I think he said he was planning on having them done with the HAIII natural Leef bodies, so they all turn out the same. And the Leef bodies turned out nice and dark last time, they looked great.

const451

Newly Enlightened
ampdude, have you ordered it yet? You mentioned you are also interested. Yeah, I want to wait until you get it and tell me about the color :) - j/k
I've just emailed them - let's see what they say.

I understand that it cannot be the perfect match - it is not a paint but a whole anodizing process - but I'd like to have close match.

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not ordered one yet. I'm kind of waiting for the Leef body tail thread problems to get sorted out.

const451

Newly Enlightened
They answered:

> It is still very light. Hopefully in a few months we will have some that are darker.

That sucks - "hopefully" and "few months". I want clicky on my new C2!! The one that pictured here looks bulky.

Last edited: