Elite Flashlights - The Best LED Flashlights, Chargers and Batteries

Thread: Surefire G2 Question

Default Surefire G2 Question

Hello all,
    I just bought my first Surefire G2 Nitrlon. Now I wanted to ask and make sure mine is not defective. To turn the light on I have to push a static button that does not push in, but it does allow the entire back cap to be pushed hard enough to turn on momentarily. Then to turn on constantly I have to twist the en cap. I just wanted to make sure because it looks like the rubber button at the back is supposed to push in, but it is actually hard and I cannot push it in, but the force allows the endcap to push the battery and turn it on.

Thanks,

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Surefire G2 Question

Quote Originally Posted by naicidrac View Post
    Hello all,
    To turn the light on I have to push a static button that does not push in, but it does allow the entire back cap to be pushed hard enough to turn on momentarily. Then to turn on constantly I have to twist the en cap. I just wanted to make sure because it looks like the rubber button at the back is supposed to push in, but it is actually hard and I cannot push it in, but the force allows the endcap to push the battery and turn it on.

Thanks,
    The button is only a momentary button. It is not a clicky. To keep the light on for a long period of time you twist the tailcap into the body. You can untwist the tailcap enough so the light will not light up by pushing the tailcap button. That's call locked out mode. It prevents your light from activating when you don't want it to. If I read your description right, everything is correct with your light.

Remove the tail cap and see it the inside plunger moves around. It shouldn't move much...
    All my lights are now hidden!
    http://www.watchandclockservice.com/

Your light is ok.
    The button moves in only very slightly and when you push it you can feel the the whole tail cap move slightly forward too. That what mine does.

Nope, your light is fine. The rubber button on the back does not actually move into the TC it just pushes it in.

-Evan
    -Evan.....So far, L4, L1, Kroma, G3, E2D, E1B, E1E and a couple of G2's. PT Apex Pro, StreamLight Twin Task 3aa, and a couple of modded Solitaire's.