Surefire G2 Question

naicidrac

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,
I just bought my first Surefire G2 Nitrlon. Now I wanted to ask and make sure mine is not defective. To turn the light on I have to push a static button that does not push in, but it does allow the entire back cap to be pushed hard enough to turn on momentarily. Then to turn on constantly I have to twist the en cap. I just wanted to make sure because it looks like the rubber button at the back is supposed to push in, but it is actually hard and I cannot push it in, but the force allows the endcap to push the battery and turn it on.

Thanks,

Carpenter

Enlightened
Hello all,
To turn the light on I have to push a static button that does not push in, but it does allow the entire back cap to be pushed hard enough to turn on momentarily. Then to turn on constantly I have to twist the en cap. I just wanted to make sure because it looks like the rubber button at the back is supposed to push in, but it is actually hard and I cannot push it in, but the force allows the endcap to push the battery and turn it on.

Thanks,

The button is only a momentary button. It is not a clicky. To keep the light on for a long period of time you twist the tailcap into the body. You can untwist the tailcap enough so the light will not light up by pushing the tailcap button. That's call locked out mode. It prevents your light from activating when you don't want it to. If I read your description right, everything is correct with your light.

Numbers

Enlightened
Your light is ok.
The button moves in only very slightly and when you push it you can feel the the whole tail cap move slightly forward too. That what mine does.