M@G85 question

Shreknow91

Enlightened
Ok, ive been doing some research on this, and i cant decide if i want to buy all the parts and build one, or just buy o completed one from someone

what could i expect to pay to buy a pre-built compared to all the parts

and lastly, where are the best places to get everything i need?
because even though ive been researching, im still kinda confused

:help:

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, ive been doing some research on this, and i cant decide if i want to buy all the parts and build one, or just buy o completed one from someone

what could i expect to pay to buy a pre-built compared to all the parts

and lastly, where are the best places to get everything i need?
because even though ive been researching, im still kinda confused

:help:

What Mag85 setup are you planning on doing? There is a 9AA,3x18650, and I'm sure others as well that I don't know about.
I would expect it would cost you nearly the same price whether you bought one already made in the BST forum, or bought all the parts separately and made it yourself.
I am currently making a 4C Mag85 that runs on 3x18650 cells. I consider this to be a superior setup to the 3D 9AA version. It weighs less and should have longer runtime (I think).
I would expect to pay around $100-$150 depending on how decked out it is. The best version possible would be a 3C using 3 of the new C cell Lithium Ion's, but they aren't currently available, and they're rather expensive as well.
Keep looking and I'm sure one will pop up sooner or later.

DM51

Flashaholic
I'll move this thread into the 'Incan' section for you - you will also be able to find other threads on Mag85s there.