Interest list for custom CPF fixed blade knife

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
To help us gauge interest in the custom fixed blade CPF knife, I wanted to start a list and a poll. Here is the current design, created by CPF user tensixteen (which if I understand correctly, may be currently in the prototype stage with our own custom custom knife maker George Tichbourne right now).

FINAL.jpg

How many of you are interested in this knife? I have a few options, since we cannot nail down a price until we have a better idea of the volume that will be created.

Thank you for your interest.

schiesz

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those interested:

schiesz
tensixteen
sasha
chronos
sigman
unforgiven
darell
Kiessling
mspeterson
ghostreaction
weedle256
monocrom
dances with flashlight
daekar
sunspot
keepersd
Sgt. LED
cuso
smokelaw1
phantomphoton
donny dont
hallis
98j30
stich paradox
kev65658
cqbdude

I'm not going to do any numbers thing until George confirms that he is willing to serialize them. Once I see that i'll try to keep track. If you want a certain one, post it.

schiesz

Last edited:

mspeterson

Enlightened
I must admit I didn't think much would come of this project, but that is a nice design! Can't wait to see the proto!!! Put me down for one, #13

weedle256

Newly Enlightened
Do you suppose this would generate more interest if it was posted someplace else? Perhaps the Cafe? or the upper right hand corner of every page :devil:

KeeperSD

Enlightened
I am interested if under $150, i am not a knife collector so the cost would definately be a consideration for me. I guess also a factor would be the ability to ship to Australia.......

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
I wish I was into fixed blades! :( :shrug:

Holdin' out for a CPF folder! :thumbsup:

Nice lookin' design though! :rock: And a great price for a small run knife!

Good luck all!

:) john

Greta

Flashaholic
OH! And just so everyone knows... I'm not so totally attached to the "Official CPF Blade" logo that I'm opposed to other suggestions. It was just a suggestion. I wouldn't be upset if it were changed... :)

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Brainstorming (I know, scary!):

"CPF 1st Run"

"CPF Limited Edition"

"CPF Edition"

"Danger EXTREMELY SHARP" :crackup:

"YeeOouuch, I cut myself!" :D

tensixteen

Newly Enlightened
I'm glad to get in on this.
How thick will it be at it's widest?
I am thinking about neck wear for me.

Hi, the blade would be 3/16th of an inch, so probably the total thickness would be around 6 - 7/16th of an inch i guess. Let's wait for George to chime in sometime this evening with a scan and dimensions.

Cheers and Regards,
Nick

p.s: the design is a neck knife, so concern has been to keep it thin, so as to allow comfortable neck carry.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
You can add my name to the list. It was fun coming up with ideas for this project, on the other thread.

Put me down for a low serial number, please. I'm glad that suggestion of mine might get used. :)

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the PM.
I'm in for a ~$150 knife. Not incredibly crazy about that blade design; it isn't bad, just not my taste. ;) (I'm often way out in left field for my tastes though so I've learned to accept it.)
Anyway I'd be happy to jump in on this as it is a first. And if me being in for one helps keep the price down for other CPFers then I'm glad to help the cause.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im in...And I dont think it should be called "Official". Perhaps, 1st edition or CPF Blade 2008 since this could become tradition...

Last edited: