what do you need to make a TNC SF light?

litetube

Enlightened
Could someone please explain what you need to make a complete light.? This is very confusing and near impossible to figure out on the online TNC store with no pics and vague product descriptions.

From what I can tell

-head (consisting of bezel,window,reflector)
-LE canister sefl contained.
-Powerpak to mate the head to the body? seems like an extra part?
-Body (battery tube)
-tailcap/switch?

it's really the powerpak thingy that is confusing me. why make it necessary to have an extra part to mate the body and head?
All I want to do is try and give some money away and it isnt made easy here. Not one thread here divulges much .
Why are so many things kept such a mystery on these forums? Who really has time to sit here for hours and try to figure this stuff out.
Do I need to get a Decoder Ring somewhere first?
If I could just log on and go right to what I wanted on the online store I would have an empty wallet (maybe its a good thing everything is kept SECRET SQUIRREL)
Same thing with the other place I wont mention here. Seems to be a major problem with the world of flashlights of talented individuals creating unique ,quality pieces of gear yet possessing absolutley NO marketing/sales skills . :sigh:

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could someone please explain what you need to make a complete light?

From what I can tell

-head (consisting of bezel,window,reflector)
-LE canister sefl contained.
-Powerpak to mate the head to the body? seems like an extra part?
-Body (battery tube)
-tailcap/switch?
Looks like you figured it out.

Be sure to get a recommended head/LE combo for proper focus (Cree's work best with different reflectors than SSC's/Luxeon's).

There are lots of advantages to the separate PowerPack. Putting the LE in the body (instead of the head) allows for candle mode. You can also easily swap between different heads without swapping the LE. Using a separate piece to hold the LE, allows for 18mm cells without using a wider junction between the body and head, thus keeping the overall diameter of the light to a minimum. Yes, the PowerPack means one more piece, but name another system that allows for any combination of 27mm, 20mm or lantern head with 18650, 18500, 14500/AA, (R)CR123A or (R)CR2 cells using the same LE and tail cap. And that doesn't even include the C-Flex parts.

See the thread titled "TnC SF-Series parts/lights and the new TnC online store" for more details.

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
"PowerPack" attaches head and body.....PM me if I can help!

107853185-M.jpg

209194387-M.jpg

213968512-M.jpg

209194419-M.jpg

209194371-M.jpg

litetube

Enlightened
Wow. absolutely fantastic pics. those make it so much more clear to me now. Thank you so much!!!. Those parts and lights as whole units look impeccable in fit and finish. This stuff is expensive but very nice. Now what to do? I want RCR123 as the base line for cells being used. is the Flupic a multi-level coverter that can be utilized with a basic clicky?

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi litetube,

Thanks for your thread and posts! I hope I don't offend you by saying I had quite a chuckle over your originating post! :crackup:You are 100% correct of course. My brother looked at our store and asked me 'if I was deliberately making it hard to buy anything'.

I could make excuses and there are some very good reasons for the current state of affairs, but suffice it to say it wouldn't take a learning curve, perhaps a learning cliff in order to understand what we are building. I am going to be offering Turn Key complete lights very soon, the problem is we offer so many options that it would take hundreds of TK listings to list every possible configuration that could be put together with our parts, and that's not including the finish! Which ones are most popular? So far no 'favorite' TK setups have surfaced.

I just reorganized the SF-Series section today on the store to at least put the parts in order by group and I need to make many more improvements such as links to threads for explanations as well as sticky threads in this forum, as well for FAQs, pictures, etc.

In the first post in the thread listed below you can see more information:
TnC SF-Series parts/lights and the new TnC online store

Yes, the FLuPIC works well with a clicky and with a RCR123. If you want a simplified program rather than the standard FLuPIC I should be able to build you one. Please let me know if I can help, and thanks for the input. Also, please accpet my apologies for the lack of polish in our marketing!

gswitter, your explanation is spot on and thanks JeffB for your help as well! The power pack does have a number of unseen advantages. A number of them have yet to be produced and are on line such as a Surefire E Series Adaptor and C Series adaptor etc.